Seeking NT advice

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Seeking NT advice

Post by Nanomace »

I am a returning player, my main being a NT.

Before the balance update (after I left AO) , NT's nanobot shelter nano diverted all damage to the nanopool for a shot time. This combined with ns2 only really left me vulnerable to attack for a period of about 10-15seconds inbetween these 2 nano cooldowns.

I totally get why it was nerfed.

What I do not understand now is what benefits a nanomage NT has over other breeds? At 220 with all the -nanocost % /pnh/ior/izzy's wealth... you are not running out of nano... like ever. But NT'S seem to be a lot squishier with the removal of nanobot shelter...

Would it not be more beneficial to go Solitus or even Atrox at this point?
Chrisax
President

Re: Seeking NT advice

Post by Chrisax »

And Mace was a damn good NT :) So, AP NTs... give him a nad here or online please. :)
Cherib
Maxi Leet

Post by Cherib »

the only real reason I see a 220 NM NT being viable nowdays would be the Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Nanomage Edition which has a 5k absorb, and possibly getting the 3k+ MC for the additional damage with Garuk's Improved Viral Assault

https://aoitems.com/item/267167/dreadlo ... nomage-ed/

I have a Soli NT, alpha's were a breeze in comparison to any NM toon I have had, I may do a little less DD compared to a similarly geared NM (presuming they hit the 3k MC), but I can also take a couple more hits (and I like the Soli ShadowBreed better).
In a sustained fairly long battle, sometimes I do have to wait a few seconds for a nano perk to come up to refill nano, so maybe that would be where a Trox may have an issue with nanopool, but it is hardly noticeable for my NT.
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

Thanks for info.

At the time of writing the original post, I was unaware of a nano named Nanobot Aegis.

I used to have the same nano but it was called Nanobot shielding.. and I thought it had been removed from the game. After a little digging I found Aegis and realised that the NM NT is not entirely obsolete anymore. Only issue for me now is that in order to get Nanobot Aegis I need to obtain 10k Victory Points as it is locked behind a pvp wall.

Any AP interested in a few Battlestation games to help me get 10 wins?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

You should be able to find partners for Battlestations in-game. But be aware that Battestations are maybe not what you remember. Now they are "faction-less" and people are put into tow groups, red and blue. So it's possible to have an Omni with you and... an AP in the opposite group.