New application: Anamul or Borpadorpa

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
grasaro
Baby Leet

New application: Anamul or Borpadorpa

Post by grasaro »

Hello my name is Anamul (and also Borpadorpa), and I would like to join Athen Paladins. I have been playing AO off and on not too long after it went live, but well after the initial butchered release.

Why do I want to join Athen Paladins? I am by no means a power gamer. I have historically been Omni for most of my play time, but I am going clan this time. I guess I have a rebellious hair growing somewhere. :D

I just resubbed recently, and I'm trying to see if I can get ANY character to 220. It's been a goal since I first played. One that I hope I can achieve this time. I want to be part of an organization that is big enough to have people active when I play.

My time zone is US -5 GMT. I am currently unemployed, so I will be on pretty much when I have free time, but if I find a job, I'll be on in the evenings typically after 6pm (-5 GMT).

I fully agree to your COC.

Clan Characters:

Anamul Adventurer 26/??/??

Borpadorpa Keeper 12/??/?? (Will be clan as soon as I leave Arete. If I am playing Borpadorpa, just send me a tell, and I can switch to Anamul, who has already become clan and left Arete).

I have many characters over multiple accounts, but I won't really be actively playing the old characters right now that I am aware of, but that could change. If I do, I'll see about getting them invited.

Other comments:

I read your request to use an in-game name when registering. I didn't realize you meant as the user ID, so I messed that up. I don't like using a character name for log ins because it's easier for someone to hack your account that way.

If you are too backlogged on new applicants, then just let me know. I prefer to be in your org, but I understand if you want to limit the influx of new recruits so that you can have enough time to help all your new recruits.

I read all your requirements. I do not like drama either. I play to forget about real life and relax. I do not beg for stuff. I DO ask questions. I'm not looking to join to "get stuff" or "be uber". I just want to enjoy the game with an org that I can be a part of, chat with, do things with, etc.

Thank you for your consideration,.

Edit:

I read another application from these forums and saw where I could self-invite myself to Bobsan, so I did so with BorpaDorpa for now. Will add Anamul later if I do not forget.
Chrisax
President

Re: New application: Anamul or Borpadorpa

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Anamul :) Welcome on our forums. Welcome back in AO too... this is a sentence we definitely use a lot since at least a year because of many players returning, and several of them wanting to find a new home in AP.

First of all for your very complete and very clear application. :)

It's OK if you didn't use your Main name for your forums account name.

You also mentioned that you'd understand if we stop inviting to focus on current applicants. Maybe you read a comment by me on AO forums about that or someone told you in-game: we are going to do that soon, but you arrived early enough, so no problem.

Regarding your goals, we're a good place to reach 220. :)

About your Omni past, please note that we're expect you're going to keep on playing mostly Clan, and, also, if you play Omni sometimes, you must never be involved in PvP against Clans (towers, Tarasque, open area PvP,... Battlestations are of course OK) or even help that PvP versus Clans in any manner.

Back to your application, thanks for agreeing on our Code of Conduct and already joining our guest channel.

Next time(s) you're on guest chat, feel free to ask for an officer and introduce yourself, and also ask for help with any questions you may have about your application.

At some point soon, an officer will contact you for a brief interview. As our officers can be busy with raids and other duties, it may take a moment to contact you. Always feel free to tell an officer that you are there and ready for an interview.

Some of the officers you can contact:

Suffugio / Contritum (aka "Fuze") GMT-5
Nanomace / Macer36 / Macenforce / Agentmace GMT+1
Whattawap / Sirwappy GMT-5
Codeish / Codemanforce / Shacode GMT+1
Bellatrix / Carpdiem / Furymaster GMT
Proeliis / Crazi / Crazidoctor / Epok / Hornblower / Stokken (General) GMT +1
Cheribomber / Cherib / Jacythna / Officegrrl GMT +12
Bonniedoom / Betadoom / Amagosa / Whapperz (General) GMT -5
Falcondoct/ Falconcrat /Falconsold / Falconenf GMT -5
Chrisax (President and org Founder) GMT
Bitnykk / Enginyk / Healnyk / Kynecrat GMT +2
Carequinha /Toughcrat / Toughenf / Reapermann (General) (in memoriam beloved Paladin and Officer)

See you soon on RK :)
grasaro
Baby Leet

Post by grasaro »

I don't PvP. I rarely log into my Omni characters. I have some that can do basic crafting for me maybe, and that's about all I'd do, assuming I can even trade with my Omni characters when I'm playing a clan.

I'm not trying to be a spy for Omni.

Yes I saw a post about not accepting applications soon because of the influx of new players. I didn't know it was not yet in effect, so lucky me.

I'll speak up in the chat to see if an officer is on.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We didn't suspect you to be a spy. :) Spies can just level Clans characters and say nothing.

We just wanted to clarify the conditions under which players with old Omnis characters can possibly join. :) Your answer is fine.

See you online soon and we appreciate the clarity of your posts in general