2nd Annual lvl 5 Pvp Tourney! [Sept 18th, 2010]

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

2nd Annual lvl 5 Pvp Tourney! [Sept 18th, 2010]

Post by Ceokittymeow »

"LETS GET THE CARNAGE BEGIN!!!"

Its that time of year once again for the 2nd annual level 5 PvP Tourney!!! At the huge response from our Alliance members, Ap will be hosting this great event on Saturday, the 18th of September, 2010 at 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (19:00 GMT). Rain date Will be Sunday, the 19th of September 2010 at 3:00pm EST (19:00 GMT).

The Event will be held at the Tir Arena in the City of Tir.

The event Includes:
1 vs 1 Leauge style Duels
Team vs Team Flagged matches (number on each team varies on participation)
Army's "Social Tab Fashion Show"©
Last Man Standing Mass Deathmatch

All participants must register here on the forums with the name and profession of your toon.

We are looking for donations for prizes for the winning combatants as well. If anyone would like to donate anything, please feel free to contact me via PM or ingame.

For those new to the event, please refer to the rules "BELOW"

The Rules:
  • Traders are a BANNED profession. Do NOT roll a trader. They will spoil the fun with their drains for the rest, and since the main goal here is fun we do not want to spoil it with a drain!
  • Your twink MUST be on a fr00b account. Q: "But omgomg Alpha, why fr00b?!" A: For the following reasons:
    • All our members must be able to participate with equal chances, this includes fr00bs.
    • You do not have to delete other toons to roll this twink, nor will you have to delete the twink later on to make room for new toons.
    • You can make competitive twinks without investing ages in farming LE7, full ofab, etc.
    • Should you decide to go on a break later on, you can still log your fr00btwink to hang out with us at the next tournament day. :)
  • Your twink MUST be exactly L5.
  • You're allowed to kite your opponent since we don't have much problems with sync yet at this level. Of course it's still frowned upon by alot of players but this is your own choice. :)
  • You're not allowed to sneak or hide to avoid getting attacked.
  • ALL fights will be done self buffed. This rule includes:
    • Getting someone to cast Expertises/Teachings on you, so you can "selfcast" refresh them.
    • Getting any sort of nanoskill buff to buff up, whereafter you cancel that buff before the fight so that you are "selfbuffed"... Not.
    • Getting MP love and a wrangler to cast an extra high QL pet. Yeah the argument is "but but pets are the weapon of petprofs", however nothing stops pet profs from equipping a weapon instead of a buff pistol.
  • Weapon and armor swapping during the fights is ALLOWED. Just don't mess around with your implants.
  • TOTW and Steps of Madness weapons are outlawed. Armor/rings/etc from these dungeons are allowed.
  • The QL40-50 dynaboss only weapons that were introduced in Patch 14.9, are outlawed. A full list of these weapons can be found here: click. Note that some of the weapons listed here, also have higher and lower QL versions. Those weapons are allowed, we are just outlawing the dynaboss 40-50 exclusively weapons.
  • You're strongly encouraged to keep your twink cheap. This means you'll have to try avoiding that Pioneer Backpack Grind42, sorry. ;) If you really really want to use expensive items to twink up like the PBP, you'll have to be willing to lend it out to other AP L5 twinkers that ask so that we all have equal chances. These items include: Poly Pillows, Pioneer Backpack, the Platinum rings, Scent Sensor.
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Chrisax
President

Re: 2nd Annual lvl 5 Pvp Tourney! [Sept 18th, 2010]

Post by Chrisax »

Kitty where are you? It's time and I don't have the info to start on your behalf. :cool:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Well I announced it will happen Sunday, tomorrow "rain date". but some people are working.

[aTC] Flopadopalus: bah i work all day tomorrow. gl guys

Sorry but I was really unsure of how it was supposed to be handled, the rounds, the prizes, etc. (I have some little prizes btw)
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

OMG chris i am so sorry bro! This diet has my sleeping schedual all f***ed up and I forgot it was today, I will be there tomorrow np and ty for trying!

To those who were there today, please forgive my absence, i will be there on the rain date, tomorrow

I am very sorry guys about this, I can reschedule 2 weeks from now as well if this doesn't pan out
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!