Nano AR vs NR

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

There is one thing for sure: AAD doesn't play a big part in NR skill.

I can't land Mistreatment perk with my doc on a GA1 fixer, but I can always always always land my dots nukes debuffs etc. This means nano AR looks at NR only? And perk (BM/MM) vs NR DOES look at AAD? :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

fuze wrote:
Alphacenta wrote:There is one thing for sure: AAD doesn't play a big part in NR skill.

I can't land Mistreatment perk with my doc on a GA1 fixer, but I can always always always land my dots nukes debuffs etc. This means nano AR looks at NR only? And perk (BM/MM) vs NR DOES look at AAD? :)
Add all defense does affect nano resist. If you ever want to test it, find a 220 crat with CiB and Crat Shuffle maxed and have them hit both perks while you try to land a nano. The difference is level. NR is like evades. All or nothing. At high levels, everyone has NR maxed, add all def in symbs, hhab, and some have %resists and def perks. I still think there is a hit roll that is probably weighted by a comparison of your nano AR vs their NR/def modifier. I was mostly just wondering about just how much nano AR it would really take to land more nanos vs people with 2500+ NR. It would especially hard to calculate with the very weird split AR of some nanos.
Given that on rare occasions on Doc I can land a nano like Epsilon Purge on a 220 of just about any class as long as they don't have Repulsor trained, sometimes first hit, sometimes 20th, I'd say there is a roll involved as well. I don't have TS or SI maxed. Not even close.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

AddAllDef and Def/Agg stance do affect your ability of countering a hostile nano. There are rolls. The equation is not known though.

I'll mention two examples.

I have a very high Defence rating, although it can't be calculated. (I could even get more if I used the best MP shield that gives +210 alldef!)

While pulling in Hollow Island, some eremites try to root you. I'm almost never rooted if I pull in full def stance, and possibly not rooted at all. I'm occasionally rooted if I pull (by error) in full agg stance.

In Inner Sanctum, I'm in full def and when bosses nukes, check my life bar and check the life bar of raiders, even high levels ones. I'm often at full life or close when others are seriously hit. If I don't have to help others I can even survive long enough to teleport out of the Third Floor. (That's why I always say "if I say "zone" do zone, don't try to help me")
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

you live chris because you are the most uber nanomage in the world, if there is such a thing!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff