AP Crafting (Crew skill / Tradeskills) / Who can make what

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Hyde
Hyde!

Re: AP Crafting (Crew skill / Tradeskills) / Who can make what

Post by Hyde »

Ugh. I just closed the editor tab for my detailed post of what I can make. Oh well.

I just trained up from Cybertech 350 to 400 on Rawhyde. All vendor-trainable schematics. Cost around 120,000 credits (ouch).

I won't have many upgraded schematics for awhile because I am sending most of my leftover Scavenging mats to Beefheart to work on Armormech. Also, I have Underworld Trading (required to build blue/purple Cybertech schemas) on Beefheart which means I can't do research on Purple Cybertech schemas for awhile.

This means if you want blue Space Ship or Droid items, you'll need to send me mats. For other orders (green armoring/mods) I can probably farm what I need relatively quickly for you.

All of that said, I can build anything that you can by from the trainer:
  • green quality Armoring, Mods, Earpieces from rank 2 to 22 (not all "in-between" ranks are available and ranks 23-25 are, I am guessing, dropped from Ops)
  • blue quality Droid Companion upgrades and Grenades (note: I have the purple grenades trained, too, but they are only usable if you have Cybertech 400 skill)
  • Space ship upgrades (I have ALL available ship upgrades)
I also have a few lower-level blue schematics, but none of the high level ones.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

It appears I have about the same as Hyde, though my cyber skill is low as I've not been able to find some mats easily (lamanoid anyone?). In any case my UT is 300 ish. Problem is only 1-2 missions at a time are available for mats. The rest are gifts and fabric.

2nd toon has armortech (I think). Scavenging and ummm... Investigation (I think) not to any level that any would be useful but I plan to hit 30 or so then use for mat gathering.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Rojo, if you're not high enough (not sure where you are right now on the levelling bit) this won't help.

But ... if you are questing you will find a lot of various materials while running around the planets. If you are mostly PVPing to level and only doing your class quests, just spend some time buzzing the planet for scavenging nodes.

I waited until I could get to 360 Scavenging by -mostly- doing planetary gathering instead of running Scavenging missions. Missions really aren't worth spending credits on unless you're either farming a lower level component and don't want to be bothered with manual scavenging or are trying to power level your skill past your level.

I found probably 80-90% of my stuff by scavenging while on various planets. I originally was running Scavenging missions for levelling, but quickly decided the monetary cost was stupid. Most materials sell for less on GNT than they cost to do missions for, because people are farming planet nodes.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Chrisax wrote:But no good schematics for artifice. And none being sold.
Not sure they even excists. I have 2 toons with over 300 in skill and I haven´t seen a single Artifice Scheme! Have farmed GTN aswell and same, nothing! So I really doubt it! I have several purple schematics, but it has cost me some! :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Lasarina wrote:
Not sure they even excists. I have 2 toons with over 300 in skill and I haven´t seen a single Artifice Scheme! Have farmed GTN aswell and same, nothing! So I really doubt it! I have several purple schematics, but it has cost me some! :)
The very few purples I got for Artifice are all from reverse engineering items. Never saw schematics available as schematics, anywhere. So maybe we're just nerfed. :evil:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Upgraded my entry above as I now have all Ship schematics and can build them all. Just need the mats. Specifically I need the Underworld metals (Promethium / Quadranium). I can farm the Electrum/Polyplast. You can buy the Thermoplast Flux from the skills vendor.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hyde, i think i have "some" of the quadranium, but only like 8 or so, I have a bunch of UT to train to get to 400, so i'm sure i will find more. But then I will probably need some to craft myself.

Still the annoying thing for UT is that only 1 mission is for mats and the other 4-5 options are gifts and fabric. Compared to slicing were its usually 3/3 split. I do recognise that there are 3 different gathering goals for UT, rather than 2 for slicing, but still, 2/2/2 would be a better split.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Elrojo wrote:hyde, i think i have "some" of the quadranium, but only like 8 or so, I have a bunch of UT to train to get to 400, so i'm sure i will find more. But then I will probably need some to craft myself.
No worries, I'm not asking for any for my usage, just saying if people need a ship upgrade I can build it ... but don't have mats yet.

I'm going to start focusing on Beefheart's UT to fix that.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Chrisax wrote:
Lasarina wrote:
The very few purples I got for Artifice are all from reverse engineering items. Never saw schematics available as schematics, anywhere. So maybe we're just nerfed. :evil:
WOOT!! Just got an artifice Scheme back from an investigation mission, so they DO excist! :shock:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nerf j00, Lasa. :chain:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I have an alt now with Biochem, diplomacy and bioanalysis.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hum... The reason I didn't work on lightsabers so far is that I could get Orange schematics from the Artifice vendor but reverse-engineering them looked like a waste of time and money. (And there are no Artifice schematics anywhere else, except that Lasa found ONE in a box but it never happened again.)

If orange has a real chance to get better, I'll have a look and compare with purple. So far, the orange ones I could buy were not better than my purple, or they could be very slightly better if you removed all the modification items and replaced them with extremely rare ones, assuming you get them. No worth the pain.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

If LS = Light Side (OMGIDHA)* yes they are LS. Dark Side are sold too but never paid attention if I could make them. Guess not. I'll check.

* Oh My God I Do Hate Acronyms
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Drop good sense in answers and just get your light side answers.

The guy who wrote most of options for the last scenes of side quests was drunk probably. Most decisions are questionable and sometimes stupid.

And, on the Sith side it's not better. Being bad bad bad makes no sense.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Toon for biochem, bio analysis and diplomacy is el'schmexy

Toon for Armstech, scavenging and investigation is el'heal

My consular going guardian most likely el'meatshield is prolly going artifice, archeology and treasure hunting (if they are the best skills for that crew thingo.). Will update that though as I level.