António Application (Uncey)

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
AVelasquez
Little Leet

António Application (Uncey)

Post by AVelasquez »

Hello,

My name is António and I'm an old returning AO player. I started playing this game back when the free to play program was first announced and always had a weak spot in my heart for AO since then, although life forced me at some point to stop playing it.

I used to play on Rimor and I made alot of friends there. Alot of time has passed since I last played and I found the servers where merged and decided to give AO a spin again, to see if it's alive and kicking. Unfortunately many of the people I knew are gone and so is the rimor org I was in. MMO's have always been about the people for me and that is why I am looking for a org that is active and friendly so I can make new friends to share new adventures :cool:

My schedule is sometimes erratic, but when I am online I'm always willing to chat or help. Since it's been so long since I played, I'm feeling very overwhelmed but I'm confident I can overcome it. I like all aspects of the game pvm, towers, etc as long as it's in a group.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

António V.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: António Application

Post by noobas »

Hello Antonio and welcome to AP forums!

Thanks for indicating your interest in AP. I will explain the application process and hopefully we can expedite this to get you orged up quickly.

The application process consists of:
1. Posting on forums to indicate intention (done)
2. Read and agree (or voice difference) to the CoC (here: http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=8)
3. Read and agree (or voice difference) to the language rules (linked above as well)
4. Find an AP and ask for a chat invite....

Once you're in chat then we can try to team, get together, have an interview, you can get to know some of our members, ask questions and generally start to integrate yourself.

5. Meet chris and get invited.

So, basically you can do 1-3 on your own, finding an AP isn't too difficult, usually there is someone standing around at Vanguards (right beside the Old Athens grid), and if you can't find someone that way you can try on Clan OOC.

If that doesn't work, you can send tells, here's a few people to try:
/tell chrisax, /tell mekanos
/tell bobdc , /tell grind42
/tell gruffies , /tell jetson, /tell noobastank
/tell shelbycobra /tell boomersooner, /tell bloodstripe
/tell hexy, /tell onandopi
/tell anonfx, /tell andora
/tell tommysoldja, /tell tommypinetti

And we'll try to get you sorted ASAP.

Cheers and good luck with your application!

Noobas
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello António and welcome to our forums. :D

It's great to see one more old player coming back. Many of old-timers joined AP and we are helping them to return in good conditions, and "catch up".

Noobas has well summarized the process (nice rewriting of welcome procedure, Noobas :) good job).

So, now, we just have top meet you online.

Let's specify that "Vanguards (near Old Athen grid)" means the ramp of the big tall vanguards building, where the NPC ramon bauer stands.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Antonio please specify your "in game" name, that way w can track you down and help you along a bit :)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
AVelasquez
Little Leet

Post by AVelasquez »

Heya,

Ty all for the warm replies, I have read the links you provided and agree with the CoC. I have several chars most of them low level except my main. The names are as follows: Uncey, Pershy, Zuntsu, Portia are the ones most likely to be online. Armin, Busby and Ellinda are others but rly low lvl I made just for fun.
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Welcome to the AP forums, glad that your thinking of joining our family :)
tommytanker
Maxi Leet

Post by tommytanker »

Hello Antonio!

Thank you for choosing Athen Paladins :D

Please feel free to join our guest chat (you can do so by /tell bobsan !join)

I have a question, where are you from? I noticed the tilde/accent which isn't common to find around here :)

Thanks again,
- Tommy
AVelasquez
Little Leet

Post by AVelasquez »

Hey Tommy,

I think I tried joining bobsan earlier but it gave me a message like "I only listen to members of this bot". Might have been my noobyness and forgot a ! or something like that, it's been too long hehe.

I'm from Portugal. I didn't knew you could notice accent on written language :wink:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We'll meet today as planned together, Antonio, for your interview. Or any officer can do it if they see you before I do. (I'm there on GMT evenings / nights mainly)