AO Forum Breach - Security issue - change your password

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Reapermann
Leetissimo!

AO Forum Breach - Security issue - change your password

Post by Reapermann »

(Edited by Chrisax)

You MUST set a new PW for all Funcom's games forums: AO, AoC, TSW, The Longest Journey.

You do NOT have to do anything about your account codes, as they are NOT compromised.

Data Breach on Funcom Forums

Published on (2016-08-24)

To all Funcom Forum Members,

On August 24th, 2016, we discovered that user data associated with forum accounts on TheSecretWorld.com, AgeofConan.com, Anarchy-Online.com and LongestJourney.com have been compromised by a third party.

We regret to inform you that the data breach includes e-mail addresses, user names, and encrypted passwords associated with forum accounts on these forums. Even though passwords were encrypted, these can be cracked and should be considered compromised. It is important to note that forum accounts and game accounts are separate and are stored on different servers using different security systems. Game accounts have not been compromised.

The breach was possible due to a security fault in the vBulletin forum system. This security fault was corrected on our forums on August 19th, 2016, but we are unable to determine exactly when the data breach occurred prior to the fix.

As a temporary security measure, we have reset all passwords for every forum account on TheSecretWorld.com, AgeofConan.com, Anarchy-Online.com and LongestJourney.com. The next time you try to log in you will be told your password is incorrect and you will have to reset your password to continue. If you have used your old forum account password on your Funcom game account or any non-Funcom accounts, you should also change your password on those immediately.

We take this incident very seriously and will be taking measures to ensure it does not happen again. The bug that made this data breach possible has been corrected, but as a precaution we have taken our forums offline so we can conduct further investigations and ensure there are no more security issues before we bring them online again.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you wish to talk to us, please get in touch with our customer service representatives via http://help.funcom.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,
Funcom

Original text by Reaper:
Someone from Navians org may have been Navian sent this link in Alliance relay.....

http://www.funcom.com/news/data_breach_on_funcom_forums
bitnykk
Leetissimo!

Re: AO Forum Breach

Post by bitnykk »

For now the ao forums are unavailable ...
Chrisax
President

Re: AO Forum Breach - Security issue - change your passwrod

Post by Chrisax »

I edited the first post with complete information and changed the thread title too.

Made this a global announcement too, for some days.
Chrisax
President

Re: AO Forum Breach - Security issue - change your password

Post by Chrisax »

added in headlines in Ogr boit:

To [Bobsan]: !headline add AO Forum Breach - Security issue - change your password
You MUST set a new PW for all Funcom's games forums: AO, AoC, TSW, The Longest Journey.
You do NOT have to do anything about your account codes, as they are NOT compromised.
http://www.athenpaladins.org /forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10447
http://www.aoalliance.org/forums/viewto ... =31&t=2063
[Bobsan]: Your entry has been submitted.

Added the same message in Allianceraid in !news and in !raids
Reapermann
Leetissimo!

Post by Reapermann »

Great job Chris, thats why you get paid the big bucks :)
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

You are not payroll Reaps?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Reapermann wrote:Great job Chris, thats why you get paid the big bucks :)
*Looking around* uh... whrez da money ? ! Gah ? :?!: :shrug:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I may be hosed on my old forums account. It was set up LONG before they attached them to accounts. None of the emails I have, not even the one I had back when the forum came out, worked for a password reset. I'll buzz them but ... meh.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hi Hyde :D Good to see you again. Normally, if you can provide enough information to show your are the owner of an account (game, forum,...), they will fix it for you. It happens a lot now after so many years of AO and people coming back after a decade sometimes. For the record, I recently logged on my second account page... after like 8 years.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

It's all good. I finally found the email address I was using for it. Forgot I had multiple AP.org aliases.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Good. I can send you a list of your AP email accounts if you lost it by the way :)