Code 4 , i have a question :)

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
rangeroverr
Little Leet

Code 4 , i have a question :)

Post by rangeroverr »

Hey guys,

lately i have found my self pooring hundreds of millions to GM to random peoples at steep prices.

I figured id rather poor them to fellow paladins pockets, but i remembered CoC mention something about, and re-red it !

Here is the part 4)

4] No service can be sold or traded for another; everything is made by and for friendship.
No items sales or trades between Paladins, except in the circumstances allowed by our rules.
Always return all the goods and money you have borrowed, even without being asked.

There is a mention of "No items sales or trades between Paladins, except in the circumstances allowed by our rules." - What a re these rules specifically and can i buy ch3ap L33t L00t FR0m M4h H0m13$ @ Palad1n$??

I find my self its hard to ask for items strainght up i feel its rude somehow :P.

It would be easier on me if i could pay something and make the deal sweeter for all.
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Code 4 , i have a question :)

Post by stokken »

Simple ask in org chat then,
Do it in tells instead of org chat , simplest way
:apc:
Nanomace
Maxi Leet

Post by Nanomace »

What items are you looking to aquire.

Maybe we can help you kill specific mobs to try and get you what you need?

Maybe a paladin has a spare (something you are seeking)?
rangeroverr
Little Leet

Post by rangeroverr »

stokken wrote:Simple ask in org chat then,
Do it in tells instead of org chat , simplest way
There have been times when i have called slow in the head. And im afraid this is the case today too, but i have to ask you to clarify ! :D

When you say "ask in org chat" you mean i can go in like a scenario like this:

Me)
Y0 H0m13 I n33d Ph4t Hud's fo f1ddy mil top$

AP)

I got a little sweet something something for ya , come meet in New LAnd naked bar

ME)

Take it to whisper level at this point?

So we keep AP chat clear of what follows, i think i got it, ty Stokken!

-RR-
rangeroverr
Little Leet

Post by rangeroverr »

Nanomace wrote:What items are you looking to aquire.

Maybe we can help you kill specific mobs to try and get you what you need?

Maybe a paladin has a spare (something you are seeking)?
Thanks for help, yeah those are good ideas too ofc! :)
Nemmo
Mini Leet

Post by Nemmo »

I'll clarify the rule for you for 300M :D

In all seriousness I support the rule of "don't sell to org members", but there are different situations of "selling".

Definitely wrong in my opinion:
Paladin A: anyone have the nano <some nano>?
Paladin B: I have it, 500M and it's yours!

Perhaps not as wrong:
Paladin A: hey paladin B, I see you've got a bunch of intels in GMI, I need R hand arti, chest support, brain control and feet support, I can haz?
Paladin B: I need the credz for a grace key, just buy them from GMI plx >.<
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We have a little issue indeed. Bye the end of November 2017, we removed our old rules because they became obsolete or irrelevant (they had been changed twice before already), and we had to write new ones. With everything that we had to do (and me being on a partial forced break for a moment), we didn't write new ones.

We relied on good sense and our basic principles. http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =8&t=11381

To be honest, it didn't work bad.

But we still need a new set of rules, especially for specific cases.

Nevertheless, and based on our old rules, I can say the following:

- AP is based on friendship and everything should be done out of friendship

- Most items should be offered between two AP members, and that's because we can expect someone who receives to give some days later and someone who gives to be given later too.

- In general, if an AP can give away an item because he/she is rich enough to do it, he/she should.

- Nevertheless, there are rare or very valuable items -depending on what an AP has or not- for which, statistically, it's not reasonable to foresee a "return" of something equally valuable or rare in a relatively close future, possibly "never"). And there are also situations where the AP member needs the credits from the sell of items. (Some don't have a lot of money.)

- Also, it would be stupid to sell to a stranger an item you NEED to sell when an AP needs the item.

- So, in the 2 situations above, it is allowed to sell (or trade) items between APs. But, in this case, the price should stay "friendly" and somewhat lower than the usual market price. Same for a trade with another item. Ask for the help of an officer if you need.

- If an item has been put on GMI or for sale on a trade channel by an AP, this AP has the right to keep on selling it even if another AP sees it and wants it, if he needs the cash. This is NOT what we recommend, but it's possible because it would be unfair otherwise. (And could lead to hidden sales.)

- In all those kinds of situations, Org chat shouldn't become a trade channel. It's Ok to say something "I'm looking for *item*, please send me a tell" or to post on forums in the same way. (Doing both can be a good idea.)

- The discussion must happen in tells then or on a private "place" (team for example) if more than two people are involved (for example, an officer is helping). NOT on org chat.

- Note that AP recommendations about selling and trading on org chat are still more open than Alliance's rules for Alliance relay chat, where the kind of message suggested just above can trigger negative reactions. (But, personal note, I was never able to have Alliance leaders -at least one or two very strict- propose a solution to the problem of Alliance people wanting to sell or buy in Alliance instead of to strangers. My last attempt was to suggest an Allinace trade channel that could be ignored.)
rangeroverr
Little Leet

Post by rangeroverr »

Chrisax wrote:We have a little issue indeed. Bye the end of November 2017, we removed our old rules because they became obsolete or irrelevant (they had been changed twice before already), and we had to write new ones. With everything that we had to do (and me being on a partial forced break for a moment), we didn't write new ones.

We relied on good sense and our basic principles. http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =8&t=11381

To be honest, it didn't work bad.

But we still need a new set of rules, especially for specific cases.

Nevertheless, and based on our old rules, I can say the following:

- AP is based on friendship and everything should be done out of friendship

- Most items should be offered between two AP members, and that's because we can expect someone who receives to give some days later and someone who gives to be given later too.

- In general, if an AP can give away an item because he/she is rich enough to do it, he/she should.

- Nevertheless, there are rare or very valuable items -depending on what an AP has or not- for which, statistically, it's not reasonable to foresee a "return" of something equally valuable or rare in a relatively close future, possibly "never"). And there are also situations where the AP member needs the credits from the sell of items. (Some don't have a lot of money.)

- Also, it would be stupid to sell to a stranger an item you NEED to sell when an AP needs the item.

- So, in the 2 situations above, it is allowed to sell (or trade) items between APs. But, in this case, the price should stay "friendly" and somewhat lower than the usual market price. Same for a trade with another item. Ask for the help of an officer if you need.

- If an item has been put on GMI or for sale on a trade channel by an AP, this AP has the right to keep on selling it even if another AP sees it and wants it, if he needs the cash. This is NOT what we recommend, but it's possible because it would be unfair otherwise. (And could lead to hidden sales.)

- In all those kinds of situations, Org chat shouldn't become a trade channel. It's Ok to say something "I'm looking for *item*, please send me a tell" or to post on forums in the same way. (Doing both can be a good idea.)

- The discussion must happen in tells then or on a private "place" (team for example) if more than two people are involved (for example, an officer is helping). NOT on org chat.

- Note that AP recommendations about selling and trading on org chat are still more open than Alliance's rules for Alliance relay chat, where the kind of message suggested just above can trigger negative reactions. (But, personal note, I was never able to have Alliance leaders -at least one or two very strict- propose a solution to the problem of Alliance people wanting to sell or buy in Alliance instead of to strangers. My last attempt was to suggest an Allinace trade channel that could be ignored.)
Thanks for all for youre time & responses, i think i got the hang on whats the general idea.

Shame that Chirses sucestion about Alliance trade channel didnt catch wind, i think that would been a solid idea to try.

Finally as a member of many guilds, i have seen what greed can do to a community, and how deeply some people can cut just for gold, so its best to not take any chances.