AP Killed the Beast - Pictures

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

AP Killed the Beast - Pictures

Post by Chrisax »

On our way to The Beast, we encountered a minor annoyance called The Night Heart...

...which didn't last long.

As well as some Subjugators or Scourges pretending they wouldn't open a portal for us.

But the brave and bold raiders finally made it to the lair of The Beast!

Of course, from this point of view, you had some reasons to worry...

And the battle began!

Guess who won?!

And of course, we went out of Pandemonium by the mysterious hidden room of the Broken Shores Temple.

And, when we reached the grid terminal, we were welcomed by a strange and unusual gathering of birds... singing our victory or warning us of future battles?

Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Re: AP Killed the Beast - Pictures

Post by Ceokittymeow »

rofl

I saw those birds and took a shot of them as well... was actually quite nice to see

gz again ap for Pande raid!
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Gz guys.

I guess from that we can learn how long it takes, what is a good way to go and the minimum professions needed?

I didnt see the timer for it so i missed it, but is it something that can be run weekly or monthly or is it a bit too intense and time-consuming for that kind of frequency?
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

The raid was formed from AP chat and people suggesting "Hey, lets do Pande!!". After maybe 15 minutes we have a solid core team (all AP). Filled up to 2 teams quite fast, with an extra doc from alliance.

Starting out we did have some problems with the raid with lots of adds getting pulled and people not assisting (which was surprising). Also East proved to be too much of a challenge so we just skipped it. North/TNH/Beast was much easier in comparison.

I think what we can learn is that Pande raids still have a long way togo before being "solved" in the sense what way is fastest and easiest to run with 1-2 teams. In the end we did kill Beast, but it wasn't a very fast or smooth raid really, at least not compared to how it imo should be with an org raid with only nice experienced people :) I guess we need more practice.

How often can we do this? Imo the planning in forums is just unneccesary in most cases. We have a great tool in org chat and alliance relay, and at peak times there should be quite enough people online to do spontaneous small raids.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
lordkosh
Maxi Leet

Post by lordkosh »

good job to ap but dont all get burned out please doing pande me wanna come to when i can :apftw:
Ceokittymeow
Giant Leet

Post by Ceokittymeow »

lordkosh wrote:good job to ap but dont all get burned out please doing pande me wanna come to when i can :apftw:
too late Army did her first one and said "no more" LOL she cant handle the confusion and all the running around she said :P
Politically Correct is like Tyranny with manners!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

nice explanation Mortus, I think the more info we can get on the raid the better. If old pande wasnt such a zerg-fest then people would be better at the instanced version i think.

I feel that scheduling raids, particularly time consuming, hard raids is very important. Pick up teams from alliance is great if you can get it but lots of players have different schedules and having a time or times set that can benefit the greatest number of players is very important. Often with a timer set I can ensure I am online at that time. Most of the hardocre raids are set for 6-8am my time. NOt a time I am normally up, but will be if i know a raid is going to happen. This particular raid I logged in just a few hours late.

Its very hard in this climate to be confident about not being ninjad in pande with all the drama that goes on and being able to get an all AP team would be super.

Because its usually the same core people that RL raids like these its also important to get as many people in the raid at any time so that the same core group isnt bugged 5 times in the week to cater for 1-2 people each time. Also due to the lock out if you miss the raid by like 1hr its unlikely you can get another raid force due to people's lock outs.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Elrojo wrote:nice explanation Mortus, I think the more info we can get on the raid the better. If old pande wasnt such a zerg-fest then people would be better at the instanced version i think.

I feel that scheduling raids, particularly time consuming, hard raids is very important. Pick up teams from alliance is great if you can get it but lots of players have different schedules and having a time or times set that can benefit the greatest number of players is very important. Often with a timer set I can ensure I am online at that time. Most of the hardocre raids are set for 6-8am my time. NOt a time I am normally up, but will be if i know a raid is going to happen. This particular raid I logged in just a few hours late.

Its very hard in this climate to be confident about not being ninjad in pande with all the drama that goes on and being able to get an all AP team would be super.

Because its usually the same core people that RL raids like these its also important to get as many people in the raid at any time so that the same core group isnt bugged 5 times in the week to cater for 1-2 people each time. Also due to the lock out if you miss the raid by like 1hr its unlikely you can get another raid force due to people's lock outs.
I can see your point, and I can agree that scheduled raids does have its advantages. That we were able to get a core team together as quick as we did this time was probably mostly luck. I'm not really a fan of planning up when to play, I'd rather just log in and play when I feel like it, but I understand that Pande is probably not one of the areas that are meant to be played like this :)

Do you think having one or a couple "fixed" AP pande raid times / week is a good idea? Like say 19pm gmt at every thursday or such (just an example). Since pande can be done with everything from 1 team to 3+ teams that could work. (Or if lot of ppls turn up we could do 2 different instances).
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

To be honest mortus i'd love to have a raid calender. Ideally i'd love to see things like APF/Pande/Alb being done on the same day each week.

The main problem i think with that is that it generally requires Butr, Grind, Chris (on MP), LK/Mud as a core then the same sorts of people for DD to put maybe 2-3 people through to get what they need. I dont think its all that fair to require people who dont really need anything from those PF's to be always using their online time for others for large complex raids if we had a few more uber docs, a few more uber tanks, a few more uber DD's and a few more uber RL's then it would be possible as it would only require the same person maybe once every 2 weeks or less often.

I guess that is what the alliance is, but I have been on alliance forums before and TBH its not all that active. Whether most people check and dont post or just dont bother checking.

One possible suggestion is to have an infonet style thing that would announce a scheduled pande/APF/DB/Albs etc (with flatroll not points ofc). So it may go once-twice per day eg "Alliance Raids: Pande raid commencing in 90 mins tell /Alliance raid join" If enough people join the bot then it runs. If it was the same time everyday maybe on an 8hr timer (to try and get maximum chance of catching people online). If you want to try your own "outside the bot" raids then more than welcome to do so.

What i noticed with trying to do DB quest for example was that one week you could spam alliance three times a night "anyone doing DB quest" and not get a bite. Another day you might see 3-4 people advertise. On my advy I eventually gave up even trying to find a team. On my crat so far in alliance i have maybe seen 1-2 posts for alliance pande raid since 18.1.

Anyway just my 2 cents and again I'm greatly appreciative of all help that I ever get with raids and am happy i am in an org that raids for its other members at all!
vasc
Leet

Post by vasc »

Easy way to do TNH run :P (for whoever is interested and doesn t know allready:) )

Just climb the wall on west side as you enter and run on the wall to north zod till you reach the "underpass" . Here you go thorugh the "underpass" and you can stop at corner to north zod and kill whatever mobs followed the crowd or you can climb the west wall that leads to North spot and walk on wall till you reach the north zod. Here climb down kill zod and do the rest the usual way. 1 team should be Ok (did it many times in 1 team, 2 teams should be a easy)
Vasc 220-20-69 Atrox Enforcer
Vasc1 60-00-00 Atrox Enforcer
AFK atm
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

vasc wrote:Easy way to do TNH run :P (for whoever is interested and doesn t know allready:) )

Just climb the wall on west side as you enter and run on the wall to north zod till you reach the "underpass" . Here you go thorugh the "underpass" and you can stop at corner to north zod and kill whatever mobs followed the crowd or you can climb the west wall that leads to North spot and walk on wall till you reach the north zod. Here climb down kill zod and do the rest the usual way. 1 team should be Ok (did it many times in 1 team, 2 teams should be a easy)
Protip: you can practice your skills at wallrunning in Nascense without a ton of mobs wanting to give you a huggle. Exit at Two Mountains statue, and run north, cross the bridge (well, fallen pillar) over the dropoff, and on the other side of the wall is your practice area.

I showed Grind the place earlier, if anyone else wants to see it and practice they can poke me. Or Grind.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
butrkup
Strong Leet

Post by butrkup »

My wall-climbing is FTL...need practice fo sho.
-Butr <3
May the laughter fill your glass,
May your disappointments pass,
May your illusions last until they shatter
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Alphacenta wrote: I showed Grind the place earlier, if anyone else wants to see it and practice they can poke me. Or Grind.
Slowly we can train more people up & expand the learning circle. Using the ramps & walls will make raiding significantly easier & quicker.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins