All the new icons for nano formulas

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

All the new icons for nano formulas

Post by Chrisax »

Incoming...

Axirillon
Big Leet

Re: All the new icons for nano formulas

Post by Axirillon »

Must say I like the new look....wtb progress on new engine though :P.

- Axi
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

you havent said what each one is boss.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

You have to guess ;)
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Mud wrote:You have to guess ;)
That's kinda my problem ... I know em all by sight ... and its not like nanoprogram icons sucked to begin with. I really don't get why they're financing someone to do THIS when there is so much else to do (even other 2D textures, I realize that someone doing this isn't eating time from an engine coder).
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:you havent said what each one is boss.
Note to self: Rojo failed IQ test # 1 :P You had to identify them!

@ Hyde: the making of these icons was totally independent from any resource used for the engine, or modelling or textures or coding. As for the funding... I have my idea but can't say it. Don't worry though... not stealing money from the engine IMHO...

That said, yes, we'll have to get used to them, yes. But they are easier to identify than the old ones and that should help.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax wrote: @ Hyde: the making of these icons was totally independent from any resource used for the engine, or modelling or textures or coding. As for the funding... I have my idea but can't say it. Don't worry though... not stealing money from the engine IMHO...
If they are paying someone to make these, even just hourly wages for a normal job, it is work time that could have been spent on new engine textures. Or just about any other texture. Hell, have them make fancy banner ads to try and get more people to play again. Just about anything would be a better use of that time.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Looks nice, but I hope they won't remove the Kel's mushroom cloud icon - alot of the NTnukes have nice icons already imo.

About the cost for these: I am guessing it is a fan-made contribution, maybe even "free" for FC. But that's just my guess. Afaik alot of the new icons for gems and rings were such contributions from the community.
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Kosstoss
Big Leet

Post by Kosstoss »

Seems to me its another attempt to look at the shiny thing and hope the ever elusive engine update is........
Never underestimate anyone who is smiling.........
Phoenix
Strong Leet

Post by Phoenix »

Hyde wrote:
Mud wrote:You have to guess ;)
That's kinda my problem ... I know em all by sight ... and its not like nanoprogram icons sucked to begin with. I really don't get why they're financing someone to do THIS when there is so much else to do (even other 2D textures, I realize that someone doing this isn't eating time from an engine coder).
I have to agree. For some icons that were changed during all the many that were already changed I'd say it was a good idea to change them. Although generally didn't like the new look of them as they didn't seem to fit in. As time went on I'd keep seeing all these new icons and couldn't help but wonder why they bothered except to make them fit is as they all had a new style or just for the sake of changing all of them for some absurd reason. Take the shade spirit icons they changed a while back for instance. There were no conflicting icons and they looked quite good as they were before. Then they made them all green, bleah.