Rembaldi: Star Wars: The Old Republic guild

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Rembaldi: Star Wars: The Old Republic guild

Post by Rembaldi »

As AP aren't going to be officially represented in SW:ToR, I'd like to extend an invitation to my fellow members to join my SW:ToR guild MASC (Mercenaries & Skilled Craftsmen). MASC originally started in Star Wars: Galaxies on the Bloodfin server and later moved to the Starsider server. So if you played SWG and on those servers, it's a good chance you already know the reputation of this guild (much like AP in spirit and goals)

MASC will play on PvP servers for both US East (Sith) and Europe (Republic) servers. Feel free to post an application on our forums. I go by the name of TolaGarf there, and you're more than welcome to hint that you know me, from here.

See you ingame!
Last edited by Rembaldi on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic Guild

Post by Rulzern »

I applied. :)
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic Guild

Post by Rembaldi »

Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic guild

Post by Rembaldi »

Updated main post.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Who said AP isn't going to be officially represented in SWTOR? :)

We couldn't take a decision or start a discussion before seeing the game in an almost final condition, and we just did by beta-testing it during the last weeks.
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Post by Rembaldi »

Chrisax wrote:Who said AP isn't going to be officially represented in SWTOR? :)

We couldn't take a decision or start a discussion before seeing the game in an almost final condition, and we just did by beta-testing it during the last weeks.
Hmm I was under the impression AP wouldn't play the game as a guild. Nothing so far has hinted of it. You are welcome to remove the post though, if you feel it invalidates your own efforts.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Not removing anything. :) When you you posted no info was provided by AP as I was (and still am) still working on the topic. We'll see if we have a decision to take soon and how we'll handle -or not handle- things. And I mean TSW too.

Anyhow, knowing about your guild is just fine. No worries. :)
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Guys Guys ...first of all ...I MISS U ...
SWTOR is a new game that some of my in real life friends have played (Beta) and i havent heard many good comments... (ofc this is a personal opinion of them). I dont have any experience with this game but i trust them a bit :mrgreen: . BTW lately i have been thinking to start playing GW2 since it doesnt have any monthly fee ... my wallet isnt the same like it use to be... :cry: .
In any case I miss u and my thoughts are with u ...

:apc:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

doh! Faros!

maybe when we get settled on a game we'll see more of you :)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Post by Rembaldi »

Hey Faros.

Well GW2 isn't even out yet and probably won't be before the end of 2012, so you might as well take that off the table right now :)

But regarding SW:ToR.. If you're unsure of the game, the best thing you can do is wait for the official release and then check out some online reviews. IGN and Gametrailers.com will most likely have some 0-day previews up and will add a full review after a couple of weeks, which is the norm for MMO's.

So far I'm happy with it, and it is far better than anything I've seen on the market in many years. I think the reason being is SW:ToR makes use of many excellent EQ2/WoW game mechanics and adds Star Wars to it = WIN!
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Hey Rembaldi ... did you get a server assignment yet (assuming you pre-launched with a guild)? If so, post here and I'll update the thread where we are tracking it. If not, hopefully we'll see you around on Shii-Cho.

PS. Moving this to the SWTOR forum.
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Re: Rembaldi: Star Wars: The Old Republic guild

Post by Rembaldi »

We are a few on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server (EU-PvP). By we, only 3-4 people as the insane amount of queues there were present in the first 8 days of the live game, completely destroyed our guilds effort to consolidate our european players on one server. I have doubts that MASC live to see one month anniversary there. My Trooper is nearly lvl.40, so starting anywhere else doesn't seem to have any appeal at all.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:( That's sad, Rembaldi. Sorry to read this.

That said, I haven't looked into character transfer yet but I think it was possible (or will be?), maybe well hidden though. In this case, maybe it can offer some solution for you? In any case you know that you would be welcome in AP on Shii-Cho, either with your trooper or for a new start (and you know we help). It's a PVE server but PvP is perfectly possible in PvP areas.
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Post by Rembaldi »

Chrisax wrote::( That's sad, Rembaldi. Sorry to read this.

That said, I haven't looked into character transfer yet but I think it was possible (or will be?), maybe well hidden though. In this case, maybe it can offer some solution for you? In any case you know that you would be welcome in AP on Shii-Cho, either with your trooper or for a new start (and you know we help). It's a PVE server but PvP is perfectly possible in PvP areas.
Sounds like a plan actually. I don't mind being on a PvE server. I love PvP in SWTOR, but you know it really only happens in warzones and Ilum so far. Had a bit of fun on Tatooine, but I could certainly live without it. As far as server transfers.. Yes it's something the developers are working on, so I guess we'll see in a few months time.
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

So, when you want, Rem. :welcome:

AP is just starting there and didn't really start before the launch so we're still building but you know we are not bad at that.