How to CONTACT AP in SWTOR to get an invite

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: How to CONTACT AP in SWTOR to get an invite

Post by Elrojo »

Yeah yeah,

Why don't you all come back to AO....

I will probably get my Laptop on wednesday next week. And might try then. Do you know if SWTORTOWESTRWE is portable like AO is?

Also noooooooobas you need to reply to my post regarding the laptop. I got it off the same ppl as you but I don't know your details so they can give you phatz for referral. All I need is an email.
Adoni
Strong Leet

Post by Adoni »

Elrojo wrote:Do you know if SWTORTOWESTRWE is portable like AO is?
What do you mean portable?

Also, SWTOR runs better on my Mac in bootcamp than AO. :shock:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Portable as in you can just pick up the folder and move it to another computer and it runs like it does on the other. Rather than some programs that get all funny and you need to re-install.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote: Do you know if SWTORTOWESTRWE is portable like AO is?
It SEEMS that it would be possible to easily transfer SWTOR but it's not really portable as it won't run immediately if you just copy the folders.

The process would be as follows (not tested but no danger either):

http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-the-o ... s-61408729
There's been some confusion about this, so I figured I'd write this down in case people run into the same problem I did.

It is possible to move the client from one computer to another without having to re-download the whole game. However, it's not quite as simple as just copying the files (but almost), which is what had thrown me off. Here is what you need to do:

1) The assumption is that you have fully installed SW:TOR on computer #1. It should be patched up to the current version.

2) Now download the setup file from the official site (about 40 MB) and run it on computer #2. Important: At the end of the installation, DO NOT run the patcher. Uncheck both boxes!

3) Now copy the whole folder with all contents from computer #1 into the SW:TOR directory on computer #2. The immediate folder's name should be the same, but the location can be different, i.e. it's fine if it was previously in C:\Program Files\Star Wars-The Old Republic and is now in D:\Games\Star Wars-The Old Republic.

That's all. If you don't run the set up file on the new computer first, the "play" button will be greyed out, which is why you can't just copy and paste. This works for both the retail client and the Thanksgiving Beta client (Nov 25 and later).
Several people say roughly the same.
Rembaldi
Strong Leet

Post by Rembaldi »

Yes SWTOR is in fact portable. Just copy the entire 'Star Wars-The Old Republic' folder to whatever medium you prefer, and place it anywhere on the other PC. Then create a shortcut that points to launcher.exe
Mezzpower lvl.208 Crat
Rembaldi lvl.213 Soldier
Joeluggie lvl.X Agent
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

ahh see the play is greyed out for me, prolly cos i just moved it over. But anyway i'm getting the CD so oh well. but good to know in the future.

Does SW support mutli-logins like with AO and having more than one account?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Elrojo wrote:Does SW support mutli-logins like with AO and having more than one account?
Nope. Frustrating to those of us who always did it (including in WoW/Rift). But ... I think it makes for a better experience long-term. Just wish they would give an account-wide bank to make up for the frustration in using mail for muling.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I guess you can multi-log using 2 accounts on 2 different computers.

Noobs a question, oncew you buy the game and the activation code etc, does this auto-open an account to then put in ongoing game time payment? Cos currently I cant access the website part for payment.

Back to the thread OP topic. I'm guessing on the server you are all republic factioned?

Cd arrived today so will install when I get home.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We are Republic, yes, but we may have sometimes secondary Empire characters. I personally re-created ChrisXa, my Sith Sorcerer I had in beta, but she is level 3 and I don't really plan on leveling here before the org is well installed (tradeskillers, raids, etc.)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Rulzern is now ingame.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Rulzern wrote:Rulzern is now ingame.
ZOMG!!

awsome man, look forward to seein you there.

in your social menu you can add friends who are not currently online, so grab some names from this thread and do that, then you will be alerted to when they do come online and we can /org invite u
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:shock: What but uh I thought this was a private club and we were not supposed to welcome rulzleets ?! :jk:

:welcome: Rulzie!
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Bredin wrote:
ZOMG!!

awsome man, look forward to seein you there.

in your social menu you can add friends who are not currently online, so grab some names from this thread and do that, then you will be alerted to when they do come online and we can /org invite u
I tried that, just keeps saying *name* doesn't exist? Am I on the right server? Shi-Choo?
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Yup, Shi-Choo is the server. Its possible that I'm wrong about the offline mechanic, maybe ppl have to be online to friend them. Your char is named "Rulzern"?
General, Athen Paladins
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Yup, I'm in org now, Crash got into contact with me. :)