PvP fun

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: PvP fun

Post by Elrojo »

The top stuff needs valor 60 or more doesn't it?
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

yes, Battlemaster stuff
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I have been trading WZ Commendations for Merc ones. I now have 869 WZ and 760 Merc. I have bought one "Champion Gear Bag (Unique)" for 200 of each. As the name implies, i cannot buy another gear bag. I cannot open the gear bag since I am not level 50. How am I supposed to offload WZ commendations after I cap Merc at 1k?
General, Athen Paladins
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

you can't, you can only buy level 40 armor.

So I would grab some level 40 gear, but make sure you have 1000 each before you hit 50, and all the level 40 armor you can get. You can buy medpacks too if you want.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

gah, ok thanks mud. hopefully i can find armor parts that are an upgrade. at least i will hit level 50 with max commendations.
General, Athen Paladins
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I honestly found the L40 PVP -armor- to be no better than what I could build with orange gear + blue mods from L40ish quests and/or Cybertech and Artificing. I compared my L41 gear (built as a +defense set) to the PVP gear and decided it wasn't worth spending the credits. I topped 10K HP before L40 using decent mods. Which means if I keep my mods up to date on the way to 50 I'll have better gear than the new-50 PVPers stuck in their PVP armor.

The other PVP gear might be worth it, slots that I can't easily build or quest for and medpacks or weapons ... so go stock up on those first.

Otherwise I think the PVP gear is good enough to buy if that's all you're doing ... but they didn't make it imbalanced.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Hyde, right. I have a few pieces of purple PvE gear that are better than the level 40 PvP armor in some ways.

Since I am at the point where I'm going to be fully capped at 1k/1k/ChampGearBag I guess i will just buy some level 40 gear to fill in slots, as you say. Also there may be some stats that are better for PvP that I am not getting from my PvP armor, like Alacrity/ Crit / Surge etc.

Here are the sets I'm looking at. I'm leaning towards Patrol which is more offensive and has Alacrity for faster heals. I may instead go for Republic Assault which is +DEF

Centurion

Republic Assault

Patrol

I guess these are all of the Trooper level 40 PvP sets. Speaking of "sets", there is such a think as a "set bonus" that I have been meaning to research. Apparently you get some extra bonus for either 2 pieces of matching armor or 4 pieces that match (i.e. 2 pieces of Centurion or 4 pieces of Patrol). I dont understand the rules for it, or know where to look up what the bonuses are. Maybe someone knows about this.

http://knotor.com/item_sets

If you hover over items it shows a bonus. Maybe the set bonuses are only for these purple level 50 armors.
General, Athen Paladins
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

oh and from my original post, things got better, you get more badges from the backpacks you buy and/or rewards from daily missions. Much, much faster to be geared quickly than before!
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

More of an Update I found online that explains pvp gear better than I did in original post:

[UPDATED at Patch 1.1.2] I've noticed that most of the players don't know how to get their PvP gear, so I'll try to explain it as clearly as possible.

There are 3 epic PvP gear sets (by rate): Centurion < Champion < Battlemaster. There are 2 and 4 piece bonuses for all of them which you can get even if you mix Centurion with Champion gear for example.

The PvP vendors can be found on the Republic Fleet/Imperial Fleet in the Combat Training sector, same as the terminal which gives PvP dailies/weeklies.

Centurion and Champion gear

Completing Warzones, will reward you with Warzone Commendations. These commendations can be traded for Mercenary Commendations which are needed in order to get Centurion and Champion gear.

How does this work? For each 200 Warzone Commendations and 200 Mercenary Commendations, you will be able to buy Champion Gear Bags that contains 15 Centurion Commendation , 7 Champion Commendations and have chances to drop a direct trade item.

You can trade Warzone Commendations for Mercenary Commendations at the PvP vendor near the PvP quest terminal, same as for Champion Gear Bags. The gear can be bought from the vendor in the same area.

Note: You may choose the item that fits you better: tank / dps / healer. Also, you can buy the Champion Gear Bags before you are lvl 50, but you can’t open them until you reach lvl 50. The cap limit for Warzone Commendations is 1000.

Champion and Battlemaster gear

From the PvP terminal you can get some daily and weekly quests (only at lvl 50).
Every daily completed will award you with either a Champion Gear Bag or a Battlemaster Gear Bag (your choice). Battlemaster Gear Bags contain 15 Champion Commendations and a chance for Battlemaster Commendations (used to buy Battlemaster gear).

When you complete weekly quests, you will be awarded with 2 Champion Gear Bags and, depending on your choice, a Battlemaster Gear Bag or another Champion Gear Bag.

Note: To open Battlemaster Gear Bags you have to be lvl 50 and pvp rank 60. You cannot do the dailies or weeklies until you reach lvl 50 and there is no other way to get Battlemaster Gear Bags.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I assume that you get these champion bags at lvl 50 for dailies as at the moment I just get the normal bags that seem to drop a random piece of lvl gear, never orange, and 2 stims/med packs.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

you get them for dailies at level 50, and then you can buy one before you hit level 50 with accommodations
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ya. Thought so.

So pretty much the idea is to buy sub-battlemaster stuff until valor 60 and then you can buy and open battlemaster stuff?
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Yup, and remember to gain valor while leveling...it comes pretty slowly!!!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I'm fully outfitted in centurion +champion gear (except main hand pistol) at valor 41. (about 2-3 weeks ago)

When I dinged 50 I was valor 31-33 or something.

So, yea, mud's right, it doesn't take a lot of time or farming to get your baseline PVP gear.

The centurion set is reasonable, but not great. A major point to note: do NOT buy centurion relics. Only buy champion and above.

The champion relics offer 48 expertise each (at 24 champ comms each, the very best deal for amount spent), whereas, centurion has 0 expertise on any relic.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln