Mission discoveries and mats

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Re: Mission discoveries and mats

Post by Chrisax »

I'm a critter :crazy:

That said, someone got an idea of how to interpret the thing torhead calls "difficulty"? The four colored numbers.

I'm compiling info form various sources and in-game atm but I don't understand that one atm.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Chrisax wrote: That said, someone got an idea of how to interpret the thing torhead calls "difficulty"? The four colored numbers.
Here is a guess:

You advance your skill by sending your companion on missions. When you look at the available missions the name of each is color coded as to its difficulty (red, yellow, green, grey). A red mission yields more XP for you than a yellow, yellow more than green, and a grey one gives no XP).

I believe that the color coding on Torhead indicates at what level a mission will still grant you XP.
General, Athen Paladins
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Bredin wrote:
Chrisax wrote: That said, someone got an idea of how to interpret the thing torhead calls "difficulty"? The four colored numbers.
I believe that the color coding on Torhead indicates at what level a mission will still grant you XP.
yup
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

OK, thanks Bredin. :) I thought it was something like that but I was not sure at all. So the levels are probably the "border" levels.

Back to work on that!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Bleh uh that' can't be levels because we have numbers way above 50, lie "1 35 65 85" for the first mission and "340 375 405 425" for the last one.

So I assume (and maybe it's what you wanted to say) that those numbers are the skills levels at which a mission becomes red (orange) - yellow - green - grey. Not sure how interesting this information is BTW, as you get missions progressively as your skills increases.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

yup Chrisax, that's what i was trying to say. You wouldn't know it from my post, but English is my native language! :biggrin:
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Progressing fast :D. I'll put an early beta online soon hopefully.

Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Beta most likely available tomorrow late or Thursday.

Currently, the core works.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

At this point, we don't have technical obstacles but it appears that current info available on missions is incomplete or sometimes wrong, even Torhead .

I'm verifying the best I can but something would be a wonderful help really: if you could all either note down what a mission gave you or make screenshots of the mission return window showing the info pop-ups of the items.

I need also to figure if rewards are randomized or not and up to what degree.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'll give you an example (only) of partially inaccurate information, using Torhead for this one.

Based on them, the mission "Far From Home" (557th mission on the list) gives:
- Alien Artifact Fragment
- Hypertech Artifact Fragment

But, actually, this mission gives:

- Green Lucent Crystal
- Red Lucent Crystal
- Blue Lucent Crystal
(maybe all those are a random variation on "grade 5 color crystals")
and
- Phond Crystal which is a grade 5 power crystal

Maybe all the crystals are even a variation on a random grade 5 crystal roll but at least this means grade 5 crystals drop.

My guess ATM would nevertheless be that the roll pattern is something like
- Alien Artifact Fragment - sure, quantity random (as usual)
- Hypertech Artifact Fragment - sure, quantity random (as usual)
- Grade 5 color crystals - quantity and choice random
- Grade 5 power crystal - quantity and choice random

Now does that mean the crystal quantities could be zero ? Doubtful but hard to know with one record.

Does that mean I had a mission that in a way or another "critted" ?! No clue if there is such a mechanism in this very case and how to check if this happened or not. Only results from more people can help.

My feeling now is that the database should contain:

- in one field the mission reward as it appears in the missions choice window (e.g. "Bountiful Yield: ...something..."), for reference and because it's something you need to search for sometimes

- in other fields what actually drops (or may drop based on records); in some cases, it won't be anything else but the same text as above. i.e. if the text is "Moderate Yield: Class 6 Lockboxes", the loot (except if bugged) is necessarily Class 6 Lockboxes (usually one, saw sometimes two, in this case one being a cash-only box and the other an item box)

With the ability to search for one or the other aspect.

Actually the ONLY small "obstacle" now for the making of the system is to gather more information.

BUT I already fed it with (I guess) all the information available from various sources (and ofc checked one vs others)

And here I need contributions.

Nevertheless, I can upload a beta sometimes today.

The final goal is to have a tool which is very fast and straightforward to use. And with a very light look (think of Google in general). Nothing should be farther than two clicks or three at max (except if you want on purpose to do something more complicated).

Click to select - click to search - boom, your answer, full and clear. (+ advanced possibilities of course if you want.)

No need to search for an item (and remembering the name precisely sometimes), then once you found it to go to another option to see a mission, etc.

No ads, no commercials, no tracking cookies, no pop-up window, no registration for better features, nothing. (Possibly "exchange" links only, if light.)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:?!: Gah ?

Not sure I understood totally what it means in practice. (Yes, I understand "several rolls".)

But if randomization was very high then we wouldn't be able to say that an item drops somewhere. (Except a very general statement like "grade 3 power crystals" and, even, ONLY for the ones that ALWAYS drop, if there is a bonus somewhere...)

In the case I mentioned, should we add the crystals in a database then? They did drop... but is it rare? Exceptionally rare? Of is it just no one else noted it down so far?...

As Bioware is not going to tell anyone, we can only note what we get when doing missions, and see how it looks. Considering the number of missions everyone rolls per day, we could have decent results quite fast if everyone or most want to contribute.

Anyhow, here is the beta:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... eneral.php

Search: http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... search.php?

Note: the "id" field is for development only.
I said :beta:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

do we have a lisr of schems that are found in missions? So far i have found a few, do we need to get a list or is it probably too random and low chance to worry?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I don't know Rojo, and that's why I need help. I can't check all missions either at all levels, so need help there too.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

On the screenshots, the name of the companion is visible as "X completed....". It's not on the one I posted because of the info popup on the first item, but it is on the next screenshot where my mouse is over the second reward.

Now, I just have to know how each companion was. Nadia is top, at 10K :luv: , all others were pretty low, like 2K but I boosted Tharan Cedrax over the last week and he is now around 8.5K.

That said, do I see nay influence on the mission?

It seems that affection makes a companion work faster. But it's at best like 10ish % at 10K affection. (Nadia at 10K can do Treasure Hunting missions faster than Zenith who has a genuine 10% efficiency advantage on Treasure Hunting but was not even at 2K affection when I compared.)

Does a companion with high affection "crit" more (i.e. has a better random chance to get a bonus in loot or a superior item than expected in crafting.)?
I would tend to say yes BUT really it looks little, very little, and it seems it's mostly about crafting.

So, to answer the real question:

1) I don't think that reports will be highly affected by affection so we can proceed
2) We can nevertheless note (roughly) the affection level, easy to compare later
3) Yes you're over-thinking a bit but it's really good to see reactions here :)

And now, any comment / reaction / something on the beta ?! Feeling lonely?. :?!: :hey:
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Here are the results of some missions. I will add to this over time until we have enough info.

Mission Results
Bioanalysis
StarDwellers
2 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)
4 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

StarDwellers
4 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)

Hyperdrive Nests
8 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

Hyperdrive Nests
6 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

Hyperdrive Nests
3 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)
6 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)

The Agricultural Corps
2 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)
2 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

The Agricultural Corps
8 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

Urban Degeneration
6 Unknown Microorganism (grade 3 biochemical sample)

The Agricultural Corps
4 neurochemical extract(grade 6 biochem sample)

Hyperdrive Nests
7 mutagenic paste (grade 6 biochem sample)

Diplomacy
Disputed Succession
2 Smart Cells (Grade 6 Medical Supplies)

Round 2, this time noting the companion
Disputed Succession - C2-N2 (ship-bot affection 0)
Qty 2 Smart Cells (Grade 6 Medical Supplies)

The Agricultural Corps - Tanno Vik (affection 673)
Qty 3 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)
Qty 3 Neurochemical Extract (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Hyperdrive Nests - M1-4X (affection 2739)
Qty 2 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Strange Probe - Tanno Vik (affection 673)
Qty 2 Immunity Cell Culture (Grade 6 Biochemical Compound)

The Agricultural Corps - C2-N2 (ship-bot affection 0)
Qty 7 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Gene Chaos - M1-4X (affection 2739)
Qty 7 Immunity Cell Culture (Grade 6 Biochemical Compound)

Hyperdrive Nests - M1-4X (affection 2739)
Qty 4 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Gene Chaos - Tanno Vik (affection 673)
Qty 5 Immunity Cell Culture (Grade 6 Biochemical Compound)

The Agricultural Corps - C2-N2 (ship-bot affection 0)
Qty 4 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

The Agricultural Corps- M1-4X (affection 2739)
Qty 6 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Gene Chaos - Tanno Vik (affection 673)
Qty 6 Immunity Cell Culture (Grade 6 Biochemical Compound)

Hyperdrive Nests - C2-N2 (ship-bot affection 0)
Qty 5 Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Medical Sample)

Urban Degeneration - M1-4X (affection 2739)
Qty 8 bio-energy cell sample (grade 3 biochemical sample)

Biogenesis - Tanno Vik (affection 673)
qty 4 blue goo (grade 3 biochemical sample)
qty 6 hallucinogenic compound (grade 3 biochemical compound)
General, Athen Paladins