Mission discoveries and mats

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Re: Mission discoveries and mats

Post by Chrisax »

To clarify what I need to be able to introduce a reward in the system:

- the name of the item (or a generic name if more appropriate or if it's the only solution)

- what crewskill missions does the item belong to? (Arachaeology, slicing,...)
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

The Archeology mission "The Gangster´s Graveyard" resets when entering class!!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Lasarina wrote:The Archeology mission "The Gangster´s Graveyard" resets when entering class!!
Fixed. Thanks for telling me. :)

This was caused by the presence of a ' in the name of this mission (and of some others as well). The ' is also used as a delimiter in SQL code and PHP code (and other languages) and it was not always correctly interpreted as being part of a name. This caused some issues. The bad thing is it could work sometimes and sometimes not, depending on many things.

(Actually there should be a difference between the apostrophe which is the Uncode character hex 0027 and the single quote which is the Unicode character hex 2018 but... it's just more messy than that in practice. Enough said.)

The simple IMMEDIATE fix was a workaround where ' in all names of all kinds have been replaced with ` (backtick) which causes no error. This can be changed and improved later. Even if not typographically correct, this won't be noticed by mots users and works perfectly without having to edit a code -and the libraries used- that perfectly works, except for this.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Still no option to input a schematic or mission discovery in slicing missions as far as I can see.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:Still no option to input a schematic or mission discovery in slicing missions as far as I can see.
I couldn't yet deal with that because I lacked info and... hey, time. :cool: But I'll be on, it as soon as you can all give me the info I need. :) Please, remember, I have no character with Slicing so I have no clue at all about how things are called, under what form they come, etc.

So, listing rewards that are missions sounds indeed very interesting but I need you all to provide me with very specific info.

Are missions a reward in themselves or is it a box that sometimes drops a mission when open? (And what does it drop if it's not a mission?) If it's a box, does a box always drop?

What I mean is, to make a database system work, I need to know the structure of things, and the specific name of things.
In general:
To clarify what I need to be able to introduce a reward in the system:
- the precise name of the item (or a generic name if more appropriate or if it's the only solution)
- what crewskill missions does the item belong to? (Arachaeology, slicing,...)
So what I need is something like this:
Underworld Trading	Abundant Yield: Rank 5 Companion Gifts		
Bioanalysis		Advanced Power Implant Processor		
Underworld Trading	Agrinium		
Archaeology		Alien Artifact Fragment		
Bioanalysis		Alien Bacteria		
Diplomacy		Alien Blood Sample		
Scavenging		Aluminium		
Underworld Trading	Alusteel
But I've the feeling it's more complicated here. So for missions... how does it look?

Sounds to me that we need to record (+ the box questions if any):
- the reward is a mission
- what crewskill is the mission about
- the skill of the mission, like "Archaeology 340"

Addition:
Elrojo wrote:For slicing though, is it required to have if its a "bountiful yeild: class 6 lockbox" etc? The mission description already states if it is a bountiful, abundant etc and the level already denotes if it is a class 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.
Unfortunately, yes, because the info we collect will (likely) feed a public database and it has to be consistent with how things look in the game and also the info needs to be self-sufficient. If I coded something that would change names based on our beliefs of today (even if we are right), the first change made by Bioware would make me modify all the code with a high risk of screwing up something that works.

Or I don't understand something specific to Slicing ?
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

The way I sent you the missions is how they are gathered from the mission. There is no box with a random chance. You just get your normal credits chest and then the mission discovery or whichever if you crit the mission.

Edit: with respect to the exact naming of the mission discovery then it would be "mission discovery: archeology" but I don't think that in the name is the skill requirement but it might be. The requirement of the mission is based on the level of the roll. Class 6 seems to drop 340 req. class 5 is 300. And so forth. So if you created a database you would just create 1 item for each based on the requirement levels in the SW database. And make 2 of each for diplomacy for light and dark.

As for schems that's a bit harder as its going to be almost impossible to create every possible schem for each of the crew skills. For statistics it's probably easier to have it as just schematic: armstech. And we can note the exact name in the notes. This way you can search for armstech schems in search and read notes for hits. As we loot them every 2 months or so it can be added to the database list and entries can be edited.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Just to clarify, I have gotten several 340 missions from class 5 gathering missions.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

To use clear terms, so the choices to add to the loot drop-down lists would be:

Mission discovery: archeology
Mission discovery: Treasure Hunting
Mission discovery: Underworld Trading
etc, for each crewskill, correct ?

Other question, does Slicing drops "mission discovery: slicing" ? (i.e. its OWN missions) Maybe the answer is in the database already but I'd rather ask in the scase there was something specific to know.
(I need to check the capital letters in the names BTW)
if you crit the mission
Does this mean that getting a "Mission discovery: xxx" in Slicing missions requires a crit? If so, it's quite rare then?

If it's the case, we would have to give the information somewhere that "some loot" is actually rare and really doesn't drop often. This means we have to make statistics on our records, so we can provide something like the following info:
Mission X drops :
. A combination (with not necessarily all the categories being present) of: loot L1 L2 L3
. Rarely: Loot 5

In our case with Slicing, it would make things easier if getting a "Mission discovery: xxx" was systematically a crit.

Things are clearer, thanks a lot :), if I can get answers to the questions above (the crit question can be answered later), I can add the options.
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Mission discovery: archeology
Mission discovery: Treasure Hunting
Mission discovery: Underworld Trading
etc, for each crewskill, correct ?
Yes, would be fine imo, maybe ql could be entered in notes?

And yes Slicing do drop slicing missions.

Hmm, not sure it is crits that give missions, in my experience mission have dropped every 6-8 missions! Is that rare? Even shipbot with no affection do that.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

well my understanding of "critical" with respect to missions was that it gives EXTRA above what is normal. So for other gathering skills you may bring back a purple or something. In any case the credit box I normally get from a CLass 6 gather opens for anywhere between 1800-2200 or so. When I get a mish discovery out of the mish the box opens for 4400 or so. I just assumed this was a "crit". But perhaps I am just using the wrong terminology.

The other thing is that you don't get a "abundant yeild: class 6 lockbox" you get an "ancient jeweled lock box" or a "black market medium sized lock box" etc.

As lasa said I probably get 1 every 10-ish missions. I've been uber slack on reporting but i'll get back to that ASAP.

Most common drops for me seem to be Synthweaving schems, TH missions and Diplomacy missions. Followed by UWT and Slicing.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax wrote:Does this mean that getting a "Mission discovery: xxx" in Slicing missions requires a crit? If so, it's quite rare then?
Yes. Slicing crits can provide Cybertech schematics (speederbikes, space ship upgrades) or Bonus Missions. I think they can also influence the quality of a lockbox or augment but I'm not so sure that that isn't just always a bit randomized.

Slicing Bonus Missions usually provide a high quality lockbox, one or more blue/purple Augment and a Bonus Mission and/or extra lockbox.

Augment and Lockbox missions both crit the same way (cybertech schematics / bonus missions).
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Ok, after looking at trying to file a Slicing mission's bonus rewards ... it is going to be pretty messy to add the bonus missions.

Take a look at Torhead.com - Database > Items > Crew Skills > Missions Discoveries

Then look at the bonus missions for each mission skill. Each one has a different # of available missions with varying quality levels (some blue, some purple) and skill levels (110, 120, 165, 175, etc etc).

So if you want to break it down you need 1 line for each of these:

Mission Discovery

[1 for each Mission type, 3 for Diplomacy because there are Light, Dark and un-sided Diplomacy missions]

(note: Torhead doesn't even show Diplomacy [Dark] and Diplomacy [Light] when listing the Missions Discoveries for Diplomacy)

[Mission Quality Blue | Mission Quality Purple]

(note: not all Skill Levels have both Blue and Purple ... lower skill missions are 100% blue, 340 skill missions are 100% purple, the middle varies ... so you don't QUITE double the number of possible mission fields due to quality)

[Skill Level Requirement 110 | 120 | 165 | 175 | 230 | 240 | 250 | 300 | 240 340]

(note: I don't think that is ALL of the possible skill requirements)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

And that doesn't count listing all of the Space Ship upgrades and Speederbike schemas ... but those are static and I can provide that list easily:

Any mission Level 17-24:
Schematic: Grade 2 Ship Armor
Schematic: Grade 2 Beam Generator
Schematic: Grade 2 Energy Shield
Schematic: Grade 2 Shield Regenerator
Schematic: Grade 2 Missile Magazine

Any mission level 25-32:
Schematic: Custom-Built Hoverbike

Any mission level 33-40:
Schematic: Grade 4 Ship Armor
Schematic: Grade 4 Beam Generator
Schematic: Grade 4 Energy Shield
Schematic: Grade 4 Shield Regenerator
Schematic: Grade 4 Missile Magazine
Schematic: Custom-Built Speederbike

Any mission level 41-48:
Schematic: Armek Ship Armor
Schematic: Sienar Systems Beam Charger
Schematic: Quellegh Industrial Energy Shield
Schematic: Hoersch-Kessel Shield Regenerator

Any mission level 49-50:
Schematic: Kuat Drive Yards Missile Magazine
Schematic: Hotrigged Speederbike
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ugh. #-o :?!: :shock:

Remarkable contribution, Hyde but j00 just killed me. :)

Going to reread that after sleeping and check torhead as you said.

We could need to make this simpler though, for the ... simple reason I'm not sure we can gather enough records to make valid statistics on so many choices for ONE crewsill.

(Unlesswe somehow seize the oppurtunity and turn an issue into and advantage: we build a solid base and we make a mission watch site with semi-public contributions open. That would be a boost for the AP name but it's some work.)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Maybe with the bonus mission it suffices to just have a "Mission Discovery" category as loot.

You can assume that it corresponds to the level of your Slicing mission. And just not bother with getting statistics on the precise mission.

Or get a bit more detail and list a Mission Discovery: [crew skill] for each of the crew skills.

Or have a pop-up field that, when "Mission Discovery" is selected, allows the person to pick the NAME of the Mission Discovery from a list (much like the list you already have for ALL mission names, but only listing the names of Discoverable missions ... not sure if the name of the mission is in the tool-tip though, and I can't check from here).

So:

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Mission Discovery]

or more detail:

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Mission Discover] -> {{drop-down list of ALL Mission Discoveries by name IF tooltip give the name}}

or optionally:

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Mission Discover: Scavenging]

and optionally again:

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Mission Discovery: Diplomacy <Dark>] -> {{ dropdown list of all Diplomacy mission IF tooltip gives name}}

It all depends on HOW MUCH granularity you want. Same with Schematics. You could just say:

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Schematic: Spaceship Upgrade] and infer the level of upgrade by the level of mission

or

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> {{list of ALL Schematic: Spaceship Upgrade that drop for that skill level}}

and

[Slicing] -> [Loot] -> [Schematic: Bike] (again inferring which bike based on mission level)

Question is ... do you want statistics on the mission rewards OR do you want statistics on individual mission reward drop-rates OR both?