Mission discoveries and mats

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Re: Mission discoveries and mats

Post by Chrisax »

Awesome report, Bredin thanks a lot. :) And thanks Fuze too for info from devs and the report. :)

Could you both tell me the affection of the companion(s) you used? Even roughly.

I took Tharan Cedrax to 9300 affection, so he should hit 10K today or tomorrow. This way, I'll have Nadia and Tharan at 10K both; this could make statistics on crits easier. (?)

I'll level Zenith next, not because I like the guy that much but because he has a 10% speed advantage on Treasure Hunting so, at 10K, it should be great.

That said... any feelings on the beta I put online?
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I have not invested much in companion affection. I think my companion with the highest affection is 3400ish, and this is not even my courting companion.

I dont know what companion ran the missions I posted, I'm constantly at least 3 simultaneous crew missions and one companion actually crafting (so I keep 4 companions busy). I can record more mission results but include the companion/affection.

Also, I have some companion gifts stored up. I could run a mission with a companion, pop a gift, run the same mission again. I dont know if thats worth much.

TBH i still see stuff in this game as working from a random number generator but I guess the only way to identify patterns in the chaos is to do work like this.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Bredin wrote:Also, I have some companion gifts stored up. I could run a mission with a companion, pop a gift, run the same mission again. I dont know if thats worth much.

TBH I still see stuff in this game as working from a random number generator but I guess the only way to identify patterns in the chaos is to do work like this.

I suppose that the difference a gift or two could make won't influence visibly the results of a mission. You likely need a big difference in affection to see something clear. IMHO.

Yes, I think only statistics can give us some answers on the system.

But, honestly, I'm not sure how long a system THAT based on pure random rolls (i.e. it doesn't matter if you are skilled or not, doing something smartly or not, can develop strategies or not,...) can last. I'd rather go and buy a lotto or Euromillion ticket.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

The one case where only a couple of gifts matter is on a companion with 0 or almost 0 affection. Lord Scourge with 13 affection was a terrible gatherer with multiple failures and no crits. 3 purple rank 3 gifts later he had almost 400 affection and I haven't noticed any failures while I have seen him crit some.

I also don't see much difference in Slicing crit ability between Kira at 7000 affection but no bonus and T7 with 2500 affection but with +2 Slicing Crit. So the difference made by affection is likely in the single-digit % range.

I figure it is probably +1% for every 2000 affection, maybe less. If it was more then affection would quickly outweigh any inherent bonuses. Meaning Kira and T7 are within 1-2% crit chance. PURELY a guess though.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

updated my post where i list mission results with a "round 2" listing
General, Athen Paladins
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I have 3 guys I use for slicing.

Corso 4.5k affection, no slicing bonuses, but seems to bring in more schematics
Bowdar 4k affectin, no slicing bonuses, brings in more schematics
Risha, 100ish affection, 1 slicing crit. No schematics ever.

From that I would confer that affection weighs heavier on crit chance than the inherent stat. I will try and develop a bredin-esque stat keeper, but if one of you guys can make a google spread like the AO city raid, it would be good to get "global" info. I wonder does the type of mish also hold weight. Bountiful vs rich etc and green vs orange when stat is already 400.

Best way I see would be to have the different companions to run the same mish. Etc azure banks or w/e for slicing repeatedly to see results. I also since I have room to move a bit I can level my stat up on affection for each one and see what effect it has.

In a general it would still be smart to have as much affection as you can get, without breaking the bank, and use the companions for the task they have the inbuilt stat for. Statistics are probably just for completion.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks all. :)

What would you say if I made the beta database system able to welcome your reports? (Without touching what's already inside, so keeping them separate for the time being)

You would have to
- select the mission name in a list

- select in a list the reward for a reward 1, then 2, than 3, etc.

- select pet name in a list, and add affection (not mandatory)

- enter your name

So no typing. All automatic.

?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I've run a ridiculous amount of Slicing, as I am usually keeping 4 comps on it all the time just for cash flow. Usually I'm running 2 x 49-50 missions + 2 x 41-48 missions.

I've had crits and schemas from my ship bot ... ie no bonus and no affection. Very rare but definitely happens. Doesn't change the idea that affection may affect crit more than bonuses, just adding some information. Definitely doesn't crit enough to make it worth using the ship bot when there is an alternative. Anyone with more than 100 affection is significantly better than the ship bot.

I get probably 10-20 bonus missions for each schema ... but ... I think that is skewed by the limited # of 49-50 Slicing schemas (exactly 1).
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

sounds good boss
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

fuze wrote:Sounds good. Although, it might be good to have a general level of security/a password for that kind of access in case it ends up being used by more than just AP people.
It will be up tomorrow. The "add" mechanism is done, as well as the display table. I need to create a table with companions' names and the password thing. And some stuff.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

And here we go, the automatized system for missions rewards reporting is up and working.

- Adding information requires to enter a name and PW. Those codes have been sent -so far- in PM's on our forums to: Bredin Fuze Hyde Elrojo Mud Noobas Lasa (if you want to change a PW, tell me)

- If you want to join our efforts, it would be really great so just say and I'll give you a name and PW :)

URL's for the system
REPORTS DISPLAY (none entered yet at the time of writing)
http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... eports.php?
Click on NEW to go to the ADD page

ADD PAGE DIRECTLY:
http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... ts_add.php?
How it works
- Most info can be entered with automatic drop-down lists: no typing, no error, no headache :)

- Orange is mandatory / green is optional
You will be prompted if you forget something.

- Select a Crewskill: automatically filters missions list and rewards lists so they display only appropriate choices

- Select a mission name

- Select the rewards appropriately, at least Reward 01 must contain something or you'll be prompted. Other rewards are optional.

- User : entered automatically; don't touch unless you are reporting on the behalf of someone else

- Select your class : automatically filters companions list so it displays only appropriate choices

- Select a companion

- Enter affection of the companion (or approximately)

- Date : automatically set to "today"; don't change unless you have a reason, in this case click to display a calendar and pick a date

- Comments : you can enter 300 characters

- Press ADD to record your report / BACK sends you back to the all reports display page

- RESET: resets the form except Crewskill and Class which have to be set again manually (it's a limitation due to PHP and the way the page is made)

The system is independent from the missions display and search pages already up. We will add info after analyzing it.
Croke
Strong Leet

Post by Croke »

U forgot me :-)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

nice job chris.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Croke wrote:U forgot me :-)
Sorry Pure... #-o

You have a PM with your codes now. :)

I added the PW feature in a rush, I apologize for anyone I didn't add. I based the list on the posters in the "mats" thread, to begin with.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

In the "Urls for the system" the link is broken, its pointing at localhost. I believe the correct link is

http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... ts_add.php?

after first authenticating at

http://www.athenpaladins.org/swtormissi ... _login.php
General, Athen Paladins