What Org Spot for AP in SWTOR?

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

What Org Spot for AP in SWTOR?

Post by Chrisax »

In Anarchy Online, we have the very visible Vanguards building ramp near Old Athen (major city) grid (transportation) terminal.

What could it be in SWTOR (with the restrictions due to SWTOR)?

Fuze was asking last night and we should start thinking again.

We had a chat and this is what was said so far elsewhere:

Bredin wrote:
Chrisax wrote:Just think there is absolutely NO guild feature at all (except members lists and relevant menus) and no possibility to meet somewhere as a guild.
A few of us were talking about this last night.. the establishment of a kind of WA Sup Shop or Vanguards. I guess there was general agreement that SWTOR is not 100% suited to that (there seems to be enough to do where people just don't stand around a lot). That said, we can define a place. I think its a good idea to do so, and probably on Carrick Station.

Guild features are coming of course, at least the guild bank is definitely coming. Check out this post that discusses it and also this video where you can even see the guild bank UI.
noobas wrote:I vote for somewhere on carrick station for org spot, ideally, somewhere near something useful, like, the PVP daily station, or the south section anyway, as I find I rarely go to the north half these days.

near the bartenders wouldn't be bad except they always have that damn trombone player givin' er.
Chrisax wrote:Yep, we should hang out at some VERY visible place. It's how we did when we picked Vanguards. (Ultra got the idea and it was a really good one... I was more sentimental I could hardly leave WA Sup store or the Picnic table in the woods.)

Of course, Carrick station is the place to be. Somewhere near Galactic network terms? The bar is cool but not sure many people really come there except some RPers...
Chrisax wrote:Yep, we should hang out at some VERY visible place. It's how we did when we picked Vanguards. (Ultra got the idea and it was a really good one... I was more sentimental I could hardly leave WA Sup store or the Picnic table in the woods.)

Of course, Carrick station is the place to be. Somewhere near Galactic network terms? The bar is cool but not sure many people really come there except some RPers...
Bredin wrote:Muddy also chimed in for the PvP mission terminal while we were chatting about it. It seems like a normally crowded area, so it seems like a good spot to me also
noobas wrote:Considering the relatively significant aspect that PVP plays in the development of your character, it could be a really cool place to make Athen Paladins a far more IN YOUR FACE Org (ie, stand out a bit).

It will also pave the road to getting guildless PVP junkies, who are almost always good additions to the org (hi ima!)
Chrisax
President

Re: What Org Spot for AP in SWTOR?

Post by Chrisax »

GNT? 5o you don't have to run away to take care of your business and mail, and ther are people around and moving.

PvP? More people?

Other ideas?
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I'll go on record for the Combat Training area. Its more crowded there than by the market.
General, Athen Paladins
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

My preference is the Cargo Bay access on center ring of Carrick. 50% of us getting off of ships will be VERY near it, the other 50% will be near it, and everyone is going to go by it at some point on a visit to Carrick. That is the spot I've also spotted the most JVC people at.

There are two cargo bays on the center ring, so pick either one. East is closer to PVP stuff. West is on the way to GTN and to FP drop ships. My vote would be West.

But in the end ... it doesn't matter to me ... I don't tend to loiter on Carrick nor care to. I'm either busy ... or on an alt being busy. Or eating sushi in Boulder.