Hyde!

Re: Download

Post by Hyde »

Get AP a guild-wide invite? ;)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'm working hard to get extra Beta keys.... but it depend on FC management not devs and I never wanted to look pushy.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I tried to pre-order. I am unable to log in to my existing Funcom account.

Email Verification Required
We've noticed that you haven't logged in recently. In an effort to increase account security we have placed a temporary hold on your account. To re-verify your account, please check your email for further information. Thank you!

I chatted a customer service person. They said that they have a high volume of traffic on their servers and to expect 24 hours to get an email.

Not a great start Funcom. I'm not surprised in the slightest. :(

edit:

Just after posting this I got an email from funcom support with a summary of the chat. I guess that email server is not busy. Bah.
General, Athen Paladins
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Got my verification immediately, so they're just handing out excuses to try and manage their support queue.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Not to excuse them but it's true that there are a lot of fraud attempts from people trying to get existing unused or un-logged accounts. You will find similar things for NCSoft for City of Heroes where they ALSO track down IP address changes: if you start playing from another IP, you'll have to go through a procedure, and, no, it seems they don't know some people don't have a static IP. SWTOR has some issues too.

It should be fixed soon though, Bredin. It usually is. But I udnerstand your furstration very very well.

(Note: I was typing while Hyde was posting.)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Chrisax wrote:it seems they don't know some people don't have a static IP. SWTOR has some issues too.
Until IPv6 is common ... pretty much no one here has static IP addressing. I keep my address until the next power cycle ... which with our grid in this town ... is about every 2-3 days.

Rift's coin-lock was annoying (it required an email, similar to TSW).

SWTOR's solution has been acceptable to me ... ask me an additional question if my IP changed. Keeps it to 1 window to get through the logon process.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I got the issue sorted, I am about to pre-order. There are some extra bundle packs available. I'm planning on skipping them.

Initiate Pack
some items, social pet

Master Pack
items, name reservation, extra char slot

Grand Master Pack
master pack + lifetime subscription
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

My humble opinion is, unless you want to reserve a name, it's either the basic game (no pack) OR the full Grand Master so you'll never pay for a subscription anymore. For this, of course, you have to assume you'll play the game more than one year.

BTW, I reserved "Chrisax".
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

do i need to create a new account for this? It seems to not be taking my credentials from my existing anarchy online account. I am able to log in to my account managment area and pick "add game". that takes me to the page where you pre-order. howerver, there is a section on the page called "new account details" with a username/password. I have been entering my existing credentials. The submit button on the page is named "create account". I guess i need to make up a new username/password?
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

The process is just a pain. FC needs to totally remake their awkward subscription pages. They are a plain and simple shame.

This is what I did:

- I logged on my existing account (which contains actually 2 accounts: AO and AoC)

- I clicked to left on an advertisement "Pre-order TSW"

- I was taken to a page where I had to create a new, additional account: for example I had Kris01 for AO, Kris02 for AoC, and I created Kris03 with its own PW. (Fake names ofc) The three accounts should then show in the drop down menu "Choose Account" on the left column.

- At some point, it told me the creation of the new account failed and the administrator had been notified. Short after it worked.

- Then you should b e ab le to continue and select what you want to order.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

thanks for the explanation boss, good to know I'm not just doing something blatantly wrong. I'll give it another go and report back.
General, Athen Paladins
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

so i thought I was completely registered and good to go, but it seems I am somehow banned. When i go to the TSW account page it says I am banned. Awsome. My credit card is not going through, maybe its connected somehow to that, or to how many times I have had to reset credentials.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Banned is certainly a wrong message. Contact support by email. :(

I could be caused by a pending payment or failed one. Failed = system panic.

It's a pain, I know. real one.