Crash is moving on in SWTOR. See you in TSW.

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Crash
Big Leet

Crash is moving on in SWTOR. See you in TSW.

Post by Crash »

Hi all,

I've decided that due to my limited (and unpredictable) opportunities to be online, along with my very strong bent towards PvP, that it's time to move on in SWTOR.

AP is my first guild, and I don't want to relinquish all ties with such a great group of people. If I may, I'd like to keep an alt in guild so I can drop in to say hello from time to time.

I also look forward to seeing you in The Secret World, where hopefully we'll all find a more complete gaming experience.

Take care, all. And may the Force be with you. :)

Dave (aka Crash)
Chrisax
President

Re: Crash is moving on in SWTOR. See you in TSW.

Post by Chrisax »

We'll be happy to welcome you in TSW, Crash. :)

You can put all the alts you want in AP, anywhere we are.

You can of course log on in SWTOR just to say hello! :D

And please keep in touch on our forums.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Crash did some warzones with Bredin and me last night.

Crash finally said he was likely going to drop SWTOR. And we were all disgusted.

It was just totally ridiculously imbalanced. In the end, we all agreed to say that for weeks and weeks, and even more since 1.2, PvP was close to unplayable:

- until you get at least battlemaster gear, you have to be a punching ball (lack of PvP players "sorting" by gear/valor)

- the toolset of the Empire is overpowered compared to the one we have, more adequate actually: although professions are supposed to be "mirrored" there are critical differences in PvP

- the fact PvP relies more on your gear (expertise points added) than on your skills, means that the best geared ones just become even better (yes better than best) while you have to crawl, regardless of how you play.

- also the usual issue "get a small group and gank one by one = win" in almost all games has just been ignored; zero effort to improve this

- the status of healers is dramatic: since I respeced as healer, I'm killed all the time and can't do anything, no one (except AP's) seem to care about healers protection, or rareley

- if you worked hard to get close to battlemaster gear and be finally able to compare your SKILLS with the ones of people with top gear, stop dreaming: a new level has been added that previous top geared people will get soon, while you are still approaching BM yourself.

It's a shame because PvP could be really fun there.

Finally, only Bredin and I remained... staring at each other ans asking "is this really worth the pain".

And, to be clear, NO, I don't mind about losing (I'm a former top ten ranked player in Command and Conquer and Total Annihilation, years ago... you have no idea how many games I've lost and still kept on playing) but I want to be able to do something instead of being almost totally powerless.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I cancelled a week ago. im paid through 4/22
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Testing PvP and war zones in *** ATM. aybe they got a very good solution there.

Edit! *** = three letters so obviously it's not SWTOR...
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I don't think Chrisax is talking about SWTOR.

SWTOR PvP is infuriating sometimes. a lot of the time, really.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

No I was OF COURSE :biggrin: not talking of PvP in SWTOR as I already said above it was terrible at the moment.

I was speaking of another game in *** three letters. :P One we can't mention... :---)
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I logged on to play a few warzones today out of pure masochistic impulse.

3 of 5 warzones started with 4 or fewer Pubs. (yes, started)

The 2 remaining zones started with full Pub teams but were a complete bloodbath anyway. This was with a group of highly competent players I used to win regularly with. Ugh.

The Imps are accumulating such a commendation advantage right now that I already see complete sets of War Hero armor on the Imp side. That tells me they have the comms to spare on proper PvP stims, which Pubs must forgo in order to save for gear upgrades. The result? A slaughterhouse of wriggling, squealing Pubs.

Thanks for ruining a game based off my all-time favorite sci-fi franchise, Bioware. Makes me want to take every single one of my 50+ Star Wars books and Force-launch them squarely at the Devs nards.

I said that out loud, didn't I?
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Yeah, I suppose that's possible/probable. Sure is a lot of War Hero gear over there already, though. I'd investigate, but I've decided to go cold turkey from the game.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Oh, almost forgot ... Is there a guild bank yet? I have close to a million credits and a bunch of Biochem mats I won't be needing anymore.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Actually we need like 600K to open the bank. I can help but I don't have enough.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

My main character Dirben has on the order of 500k. I could provide maybe 400k of that and leave myself a little pocket money if needed.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks all :) I have 300K I guess. Could put like 150 to 200K.

About PvP: I received an emial from Devil Inside (i'm on their list). They were in SWTOR and playing Empire (so the power side). They are dropping. Some go back to AO; some to GW2. SWTOR didn't work great for them and they are not convinced by the PvP.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

When Bioware restores my missing credits, I'll front the bank start-up. (irritating story i don't feel like revisiting atm)

So if you can wait to establish the bank for a lil' while, please keep your creds tucked away in your armor. Or your brown pajamas. (er, robe) Or your Leia slave outfit. Or ... whatever.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks Fuze :-)