Holding off on buying Speeder 2 or 3?

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Hyde
Hyde!

Holding off on buying Speeder 2 or 3?

Post by Hyde »

In 1.2 the cost of speeder TRAINING goes down significantly. Speeder 2 training goes from 220K to 150K. Speeder 3 training goes from 330K to some unknown amount but my guess is 220K-250K. So ... you can save yourself around 150K in credits by having waited.

However.

L50 Speeder VEHICLE prices go way up. From 55K now to 200K+. Which means that money you saved on training is more than consumed by the vehicle.

So ... buy your vehicle now. You can buy even though you can't use it yet. 55K for a L50 speeder. Don't need to buy the L40 speeder vehicle at all, just the training.

(or, stay with the L25 speeder, which is fine for casual toons ... only time I've wanted a faster one so far was in Ilum PVP and in keeping up with team mates while running Daily Commendation heroics)
Crash
Big Leet

Re: Holding off on buying Speeder 2 or 3?

Post by Crash »

Good advice, says this speeder lover. The vendor on Voss has some pretty hot rides, imho. :)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I like the one in the Tattoine PVP area. Picked it up today.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I want the two seats one. Nadia is fed up having to travel in the trunk.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

fuze wrote:I heard about the price changes, but I wonder about the mats for the cybertech speeders. I heard they might not be BoP anymore in 1.2.
The HM/Op mats are going to not be bound in 1.2 ... but are supposed to drop far more infrequently. And even then, just the high end mats that are tradeable today, in the quantity the speeder needs, are way above 55K. I wanted to build mine, but just couldn't justify it right now. Maybe if they reduce the mat requirements (doubtful) or later when newer mats are added (ie, grade 7+ stuff).