What is best to do for XP/AP

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Elrojo
BacoTroll

What is best to do for XP/AP

Post by Elrojo »

Hi Guys,

I've been doing mostly PvP while the WMs are good and my set up is ok. Still a bit to do. But lacking a few things to finish the AR/Ele set up. Nothng much can be done, other than to keep grinding WMs in Fusang.

The PvE side of things however, seem to be a bit of a drag. I'm still low on DPS compared to others, but if i dont go leech i tend to die, or need downtime, so in essence its about even.

I am done on the story and basically have completed all missions. So really its a case of tidying up the ones left.

Whats the next best thing to do for completing my wheel? Which area seems to be the best AP/hour?
Chrisax
President

Re: What is best to do for XP/AP

Post by Chrisax »

If the question is farming max AP and SP, then the reply is. watch our it's easy to burn yourself out!

- Use The Time Accelerator and other devices for %xp increase while mass killing mobs with a group: nightmare mobs at Kingsmouth airport warehouses area are fine for this but you need a group or you will kill too slow! We can have such groups in AP easily. Just need to agree on times because the %xp devices are limited. (1 hour every 16 hours for the time accelerator, for example.) Advantage: you get many runes and items to disassemble and -mainly- you can get good signets.
Please note The Time Accelerator boosts xp from kills but NOT form missions rewards. (Not sure for the potions. It's to avoid someone stacking unclaimed reward and claiming them all at the same time with the accelerator running.

- The dangerous method: make a team in Transylvania, make a list of missions that can be easily blitzed at the same time, and blitz, blitz, blitz.... repeat with another list, repeat the whole thing when you can do the missions again. Kill mindlessly; don't pay attention to the stories or places. This is just the best way to disgust yourself forever. :( Doing it a little AND on missions you already did and could appreciate is OK. Doing it massively is.... questionable to say the least.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I have 7 or 8 220's in AO, I'm not too worried about the grind. I just want to make sure it's as efficient as it can be. I still think that missions would be better XP per hour than just grinding mobs as most often in Tranny I was getting around 400k for a mission reward. The average mob there was about 2-3k.

As you say it's probably worth more to team blitz all mobs in the area and then update the mission, than it would be to just blitz mobs. I would post on the forums at TSW but apparently my account doesn't let me post. I've sent an email but no reply.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I've always powered through missions when I needed XP... that was before the XP potions were introduced. Dunno if that changes it up
General, Athen Paladins
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

Both ways are viable, I often go with what I am in the mood for. Doing dungeons isn't too bad either if you 'spam' them.

I only use the XP stuffs when I know there will be lot's of mob killing involved. Else I rather save it for the right moment on that day.

Speaking of though, anyone up for doing some AP farming tomorrow? Some dungeons(elites), some Airport stuffs, maybe some PvP together?
Once I dreamt I ate a big marshmallow! And it was really good!!
When I woke up my pillow was gone.. Cause I ate it..
Rurik Nogard
Growing Leet

Post by Rurik Nogard »

Well Im new here and get little confuse with the mixture of TSW and the AO terms but well, I have 11 days playing TSW and doing every mision I can, I try to figure out whats better and the best for my char, heres a little stuff may help u out:

1. Good for start is do all mission u can and get better green gear u can.
2. Start pvp no matter if u die on every sight of the enemy, this will help u to get familiar with pvp and see what skills are bet most used or better for ur char, u get 90k exp if u lose or 120k exp if u win plus 6 or 20 black marks of venice, this ones will serve u to buy purple equipment.
3. Now the best place ever to farm exp, AP are definetly the quarry, cause is the only one i run hehe, I went there on a raid and all attack mobs with AoE meanwhile something is pulling (tank), I won about 84 ap in 45 min-1 hour, I win more if my TSW doesnt crash every 5 mins, cause is the only place that crash me every time, but I must say the exp worth every min there.
4. Now im searching for the good secondary stats for my eqauipment, Im only dps so I was trying to make him only crit and power crit, but someone say the dps must focus on crit and pen, so I m searching and here is a good place i think, but till now i didnt found anything of that.

Well hope this helps.
Crimson Sun is coming dawn u must search for a safe place to stay alive...Crimson Sun is going up you must wish for a good burial cause it has no mercy...Rurik Vlein Nogard
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Rurik Nogard is Vlein :)

Welcome on the forums, Vlein !

You have good points listed indeed. :) Also, in AP, we do many Airport nightmare farming: lots of experince there + many signets dropping. I hope you'll be able to join that soon.

And, definitely, PvPing at the times Templars are dominating or have a chance to win, is a lot of Black marks for gear.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

psh 84 AP!

thats a lot.

I get that after 6 days of playing dedicated solo.

My guy is in egypt, and I've been doing all the missions I can, Rojo was sort of helping me get re-acquainted, but I think my storyline is almost done here and basically I've remembered that theres no quests that get you specific items for yor char (like there's no equivalent to the ado brain quest).... so I don't see much reason to stick around in egypt longer than I have to... other than the fact that I don't mind roasting mobs here and that it's fun-ish to play.

But I haven't seen one OTHER person besides Rojo. (he meet up) Thats just me, solo the whole time so it's a bit boring.

where to next? I saw two dungeons in egypt, but sort of doubt I can do without even 1 other person around.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

General, Athen Paladins
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

The OP was aimed at XP after the story and missions are completed. Generally once these are done you will still have about 40% of your wheel to get, and sadly, it's the most expensive as all the low AP ones have been trained. Not to mention the aux wheel at 50ap per upgrade.

I have found that really it's dependent on time and character ability. Early on its probably best to re-do missions. In particular the ones that Bredin has mentioned as they provide a good set of rewards. However, if your character is still in its infancy some of the quests may be slightly slow, or difficult and the time invested isn't going to pay off. The average tranny mission reward is between 500,000 and 900,000. Pick up missions are always less and sabotage are always more.

Airport or other hard mobs can also be good XP but its really boring and dependent on your characters abilities. If it takes you a while to solo things then again the time isn't great.

What I'd suggest is a mix of a few things. Definitely every 3 days you should try and do as many sig missions as possible as its a guaranteed sig and often they drop majors and head sigs more than mobs. But also lots of the mobs around sig missions when killed have a chance to drop sigs themselves. So it's a 2 for 1.

I'd say rule of thumb is that if you are high DPS, but squishy, do missions. If you are quite good survival wise then farming can be great, but you will for sure get better XP in missions, though possibly less signets.

PvP is ok for XP, but it's really a by product, rather than great XP. Eldorado is good marks, but very time dependent. Almost no runs at certain times of the day and frequent at other times. SH is the same. Fusang you get infrequent XP from well/kill missions, but nothing to write home about.

The main thing to consider is when you are getting XP what else are you getting and is it what you need. So quarry is fast XP, but low drops. Airport is slower XP, but more sigs. Missions are high XP and solo, but lower Sigs, and cool downs.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

What's the tick rate for owning Fusang these days? 144?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

144 white marks (so 1.44 black mark) every 3 minutes for a fully owned Fusang
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

The tick is 144 with a cap on marks at 3000. So every 3 mins. That means that approximately 60 mins in will cap you at 3000+\- marks. What I would suggest to people who want to get into Fusang in temp dominated times is to log on a queue straight away. Got PvE for a bit then after 60ish mins you will get an invite. Stay in for 60, leave, cash in your marks for black marks, and then resume PvE. If you have time re-queue.

It's 100 black marks for each initial talisman, glyph and weapon. Then 65 to upgrade each talis and glyph and 135 for each weap upgrade.

You can use PvP tokens to upgrade a PvE item, but not vice versa. You can also use glyph kits from NM to make the glyphs (saving you 100bm) and put those into a PvP talisman. However, when you do this it can only be upgraded with PvP tokens thereafter.... Confusing no?
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

I've never seen you online, Noobas.. I suppose you live in another timezone than me?
I would like to help you get further, and do stuff together. Which IS more fun indeed, than solo.

Anyhows, ontopic..

What I usually do now is repeating all tranny missions that I like, I skip a couple (like those sniper vamp ones, and the annoying ones).
Get signets through that, and eh, well doing NMs gives a bit of XP too.. I don't PvP anymore because for me it's a waste of time. I can earn more XP/marks by just doing my nightmares, 100 marks and 65 to upgrade, is just too much for me, I cannot be arsed :) I rather wait a day and get it done with NMs.

We could organize a quarry group though, only done it once there. But I don't know how much more AP you get, or if it's similar to the airport.

-Myr
Once I dreamt I ate a big marshmallow! And it was really good!!
When I woke up my pillow was gone.. Cause I ate it..
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

sounds cool myrth.

Ya I live in Rojos' timezone (both in brisbane, east australia).

I really don't like spending half my time online sitting AFK ish in fusang. seems like a colossal waste of time.

I'd rather do ANYTHING except sit afk in fusang.

If theres another way to get nice purple gears I'm all for it.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln