Xanmar's application.

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Xanmar
Baby Leet

Xanmar's application.

Post by Xanmar »

First of all hello!
I am a Greek player. I play AO since late 04 start of 05 and started during the fr00b b00m :) I am 31 years old. This org on Rimor was suggested to me by a member of yours "Politix" a bureaucrat which I had a nice conversation with on my fixer and also my main "Moete" who is neutral and resides with HoBS.

I used to have a 220 adventurer on Rk1 atlantean also clan, but he is history now.... Therefore I know of the game till about the launch of LoX...although i do read what goes on every now and then.

I have a few neutral characters " Moete -fixer" "Notumsoul - crat" "Notumar - keeper" and this one which I decided to side and enjoy both PvP and PvM.
Towers is not a thing for HoBS which i love also, but I want my Nano tech to be PvP and PvM with a goal to reach 220. So not a kite alt.

I read your Rules of Contact and also the chat rules that both find me in complete agreement.

I hope to hear from you soon. :D
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: Xanmar's application.

Post by Elrojo »

Heya,

Welcome back and to our forums. With the impending server merge your RK1 guy may come back to life!

I'm glad you've read the conduct and agree. Next thing is to try and find an officer in game and have a chat and invite into guest channel. I am on my phone and at work so I can't copy and paste, but any of the welcome threads have names. In summary they include

Chrisax
Boomersooner
Grind42
Nooobasdoc
Eltankjoo

Welcome again and good luck
Xanmar
Baby Leet

Post by Xanmar »

Unfortunately he is been deleted for over 2 years now. It's okay though. Thanks for the reply I ll see if i can find any of the officers listed above for a chat if they have time to spare.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

yes, as a follow up to what rojo said, you can speed up your application period by doign the following:

1. try to get into the AP bot (after this initial invite you can do: /tell bobsan !invite)

2. try to join AP teams for level/gear relevent content

3. use the chat and communicate and introduce yourself

4. if an officer is online (ask politely if there is one and ask if he's busy), you can request an interview (if there is no time, don't take it personally, all teh officers are busy often so sometimes you have to wait a bit).

After interview, teaming, etc. there will be a brief review process, followed by introduction to our org president. They invite if everything goes to plan.

Cheers and good luck!

Oh, and just one other thing, if you were accepted, would it be your intention to join on all your toons or would you leave your neutral toons neutral?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Xanmar
Baby Leet

Post by Xanmar »

Let me start with the last one. I wish for my neutral characters to remain neutral and my sided character or future ones to be sided. I got tons of help from HoBS and I have no intention to leave them with my neutral ones.

I am at a loss as to what I have to do now. Am i supposed to wait for an interview first or will i be initially invited to the org? As for teaming . Yes my main reason of coming back to AO is teaming.

As much as you as an org want to know me and see If I fit into your org, I also want to know the same. My choice of clan is not due to sided xp that can change anytime but is mainly due to the general clan ideals as I see them through the game lore.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Xanmar wrote:I am at a loss as to what I have to do now. Am i supposed to wait for an interview first or will i be initially invited to the org? As for teaming . Yes my main reason of coming back to AO is teaming.
Hello Xanmar :) Don't worry. This sounds much more complicated than it is.

We will contact you online and invite you to our guest channel, so you can see the org working. And we will have a private chat ("interview") with you. (We may or may not have also a team with you, depending on many things.)

After this, officers will take a decision about your application. :)

See? It's simple. (The guest channel is a feature allowing someone who is not in the org to join org channel.)

I'll try to catch you today around 20:00 GMT. If it's too late, please just say when you're online and we'll manage. :)

• [You can also directly contact an officer to ask for a guest channel invite, if you are faster than we are. :)

If you wish to do this, in the game, you can contact any AP member or officer, and tell him/her you posted and application and ask for a guest channel invite. You'll find usually APs at the Vanguards big building ramp near Old Athen grid.

To contact our officers, here are some names among many others:

Boomersooner / Iwojima / Bloodstripe / Reconsniper
    Grind42 / Bobdc
    Tommypinetti / tommytanker
    Chrisax / Mekanos
    Jetson / noobasknight / noobastank / rodog
    Elrojo / Hermesconrad / Eltankjoo / Elnukej00]
Xanmar
Baby Leet

Post by Xanmar »

Right Thanks for answering Chrisax. I understand the concept and I ve been to RK1 orgs around 05 that required the same system, I never had a problem with that.

Despite that I am gonna have to revoke my current application. I found myself less willing to be on two orgs at the same time. I appreciate the time you took on reading the application and writing back. I love AO and I am clan by heart but the more I think of the tower battles -- which was the reason why i rolled a clan toon -- the less dedicated I feel towards them.

I suppose I thought I was ready for the whole PvP AO again but I am not. Also I feel great responsibility and care for my current neutral org. I hope you understand. Sorry for getting you through any trouble and time resources spent.

I am always willing to team with anyone though and you can always expect courtesy from me and my characters. Thanks and my apologies again.

Xanmar - Moete.

P.S. I wont write again on these forums, unless i decide to go fully clan and apply again.