Cabal Nightmare Runs

Aesop
Growing Leet

Cabal Nightmare Runs

Post by Aesop »

Hey All,

As we've gained more nightmare eligible members, the topic of doing cabal runs has come up more and more in chat. PUGs seem to work somewhat for doing the dungeons, but can be like picking a roommate by random draw and even the "casual" PUGs are definitely not the place to learn or experiment w/ builds. Read: People are touchy/grouchy.

The problems seems to be 3 fold, getting enough ppl on at the same time, getting the right ppl on, and the timers.

To address the 1st problem, I am proposing to schedule a time for a weekly cabal run. To get the ball rolling, lets go with:
Saturday, 11AM (Pacific Time)/7pm (GMT)
The 2d problem is having a nm ready tank online. Since this is the limiting factor (NM tanks are rare) we should prioritize a time convenient to the tank. Also, a couple of us should start working those tank builds :). Secondary to tanks are having a good doc available. While hard, is still easier than tank to find one from outside of cabal, if we need to.

The 3d problem is the NM Timers. If we have a scheduled time, it shouldn't be a problem to be clean on the pol, dw, and HR or HE timers.

Even if we can't field a NM team, it could also be a good time to help ppl get their toons NM eligible by clearing Elite Dungeons.

Please post if you're available for that time slot, or a more convenient day & time. I'm more than happy to update the post as needed.

Thnx,

-Aesop
Last edited by Aesop on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chrisax
President

Re: Cabal Nightmare Runs

Post by Chrisax »

ATM, I'm stuck with very little sleep, in the AO servers merge mess. I'm sorry for this. It's really for AP that's I'm doing all that insane work. :)

I am NM ready, did Polaris NM up to last boss which dealt an insane amount of damage (bad luck this time?), chaining "cleave attacks", exhausting the healing of one healer. Rojo said that people often do 5/6 bosses in Polaris though.

Before that, I did Hell Raised NM which is a pain for the tank s you have to cast impairs all the time. It was the first NM I did and totally frustrating as I didn't have the mods that display easily visible bars and timers so you know when to cast impairs. And I was unsure of when to impair or not, as some situations even require 3 impairs, making aggro management much more difficult if for any reason a DD or healer gets aggro. Still, in those awful conditions, and for a first NM time, we went to the 3rd boss (foundry) and the two first were no real problem.

Rojo says that I'm doing as well as most NM's tank... Rojo is so kind to me...

What I need to do though is:

1) make some (at least one) talisman with defense / block to replace as I'm a lot evades at the moment, with does work good but when a hit lands I need to mitigate it probably a bit better.

2) upgrade the life talismans for more lfe, but it's a pain as 65 Black marks makes a head talisman getting 90ish life from 10 to 10.1. So I need all life talismans at 10.4. I have 10K life for the time being.

3) Practice but really with AP because we take the time to learn and improve and we are relax and don't feel / looks like idiots as it happens in pick-up groups.

I'll be back soon, and I'll be able to say more about the possible times. :)
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

Hey guys,

I can already tell upfront that I won't be able to join those runs if they are in the middle of the night for me/us(cx).
Once I dreamt I ate a big marshmallow! And it was really good!!
When I woke up my pillow was gone.. Cause I ate it..
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

for the most part I will be able to attend scheduled raids if they are on the weekend, and we get down to business on schedule. I can take time away for an hour or two, but dont have the time to wait around for an hour before starting, etc.

Aesop could you make something more like 9pm GMT? I believe that would be 3pm in my time zone (CST, U.S.) and 1pm out west for you?
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

9PM GMT could maybe work for Myrthe, but once I'm out of the server merge mess in AO, i'll figure out something for evening GMT with you all.
Aesop
Growing Leet

Post by Aesop »

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Bredin when it comes to picking a time on weekends. I just picked 6pm to put a time out there.

I've updated the post to 9pm GMT/1pm PST

-Aesop
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Chrisax wrote:9PM GMT could maybe work for Myrthe, but once I'm out of the server merge mess in AO, i'll figure out something for evening GMT with you all.
I read that as you're out for tomorrow?
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

No I'll manage to come, sorry I was not specific enough and I also misread you thinking you wanted to say "make it for another day" too.

9PM OK
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Couldn't happen because not everyone saw it but at least we saw it was possible to find a time. :)

Now can plan better.
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

I will be available this saturday(I am off work, and I will save my lockout for this cabal run!), I was thinking of getting my tank spec ready. Else I can provide heals or awesome dps:-)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Multi-Myrthe :D =D> good job
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

Chrisax wrote:Multi-Myrthe :D =D> good job
Haha !
Myrthe
Leet

Post by Myrthe »

Chrisax wrote:Multi-Myrthe :D =D> good job
Are we still on for today? And did you change some stuff around for tanking, CX? (More block/defence?)

I will not do any NMs like I said to keep my lockout for todays run.

Heard from Elnoobjo that he cannot make it unfortunately.

See you all later? :)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

CX? (More block/defence?)
yes for being there, no for block, a bit for defense. Was unable to work on this due to that insane servers merge in AO and the work it caused.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Im sorry I cannot say for sure that I will be there. I will try
General, Athen Paladins