Leech Healing

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Leech Healing

Post by Elrojo »

Hi Guys,

There is a very good guide on the forums regarding leech healing. For those who have a DPS suit with a high level assault rifle, this may be worth looking at. With about 3-4 HR pieces you can have a nice leech build that heals 18/18 perfectly well, and i've even started to try it in HE.

The advantages are numerous, but mostly its an addition to the DPS that can mean that in a lot of cases some boss mechanics are skipped/reduced due to the higher total team DPS.

In actual fact the hardest thing about leech healing is working out your glyphs and talisman and then your active and passives. The actual process of leech healing is really quite simple.
1) Target tank
2) target boss
3) shoot

My rotation is
1) anima shot (builder x5)
2)transfuse anima (TA) (heal consumer) OR Three round burst (3RB)
repeat

I use transfuse anima when tanks HP drops and 3RB when hp is higher. I find particularly when BS and DA have been popped I can outheal anything with just anima shot, so i use DPS consumer. For high DPS bosses or multi-bosses i use TA.

I have also made a 10.4 AR head with the Signet of Thinnis. In this case i have a 20% chance to build a blood resource when i shoot. So when i have 4 blood i double tap bloodshot.

The main worries people have are:
1) how do i team heal with AR/Blood?
A) a few ways. Platoon (team heal), Anima vessel (group leech affect on target), Coldblooded for oh sh1t moments, Veteran (elite passive)

2) What split of AR to HR?
A) For best DPS go about 66% DPS and 33% heal and then use either a DPS or Heal pure anima. Really only works for higher level builds. I run with 2.3k AR and 1.5K HR + 240 from anima. Also my Heal talis need upgrading. For safe go 50/50 and use an anima for either more AR or more HR

3) What glyphs?
A) To avoid glance/block/evade you need high pene and hit. Unfortunately this means that you will need to put hit and pene into a few HR glyphs. (So possibly wait until you can afford to). You want 800-1000 pen, 600-650 Hit, 100ish Crit rating and the rest Crit power, approx 400.

4) What passives?
A) In general go for passives that increase DPS, leech effects & afflicts. Then anything that increases pene or reduces glance. Search your wheel lazy dude!

5) Which offhand?
A) its up to you. Blood is nice since you get coldblooded and resources dont build on target (so nice for Bloodshot spamming). Pistol would work (DA + cleanses), Fist (AoE heals + HoTs), SG (CU + BS + group damage reduction).

Look on forums for the Reaper guide. But this is the TL:DR version
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Re: Leech Healing

Post by Bredin »

Here is The Reaper guide: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=65533

I've fiddled some with leach healing but need to practice.. So far I have not had a lot of luck.
General, Athen Paladins
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

For team play:

Deadly Aim + Breaching Shot + Reap & Sew = BANANAS!!!

I've only seen this in action once, but it was totally devastating. (I was pugged into a 4 man pre-made in SH)

We were about to get wiped, then all of a sudden we were at full health & dead bogies were everywhere.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Yeah that's probably overkill. In fact it's just as handy to cast anima vessel on the mob and everyone gets their Health back from their own DPS.

I successfully leeched all of HE yesterday, which is particularly hard due to the shield on the 4th guy. I had to basically swap in all the direct heals and reap & sew. Plus target the adds that spawn. Trouble is it doesn't add any dps to the boss in any way that helps. It's still a 4-5 phase kill. But anyhow its doable.
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

I should have specified PvP more clearly, even though my example was Stonehenge. Oh wait, SH doesn't mean Stonehenge for you guys. Doh!

Any time I post, it's pretty safe to assume I'm talking about PvP.

edit: aaaand I'm in the wrong section for that. I'll shut up now.

Carry on. :embarassed:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Actaually, Crash, your contribution is interesting. Please repost in PvP section? :)
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

Nah. I prolly shouldn't have even posted it here.

I still believe we need an AP only PvP section.
tryller
Mini Leet

Post by tryller »

I'm leeching 24/24 every time now and I must admit that it's much more fun than spamming the good ol' Cauterise.

It takes a while to get used to, but at 50/50 HR/AR you can keep the tank in the green and still put out around 1k dps.

I advise every healer to at least try leeching a few times :D
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

ya tryller, i started off in the 800-1.1k dps n leech.

with an optimised set up now i poke out over 2K on lots of bosses. its not rly more "fun" i think you just feel like you are contributing more!