FUSANG - some basics

Igsorian
Little Leet

FUSANG - some basics

Post by Igsorian »

Let's assume you are totally new in Fusang. Yoe pressed p, accepted the invite, zoned ... and probably klicked m to have a look at the map ...confusing.

And then perhaps read in chat something like that: "3 frogs EW1!" Interesting, but ... aeh ... you have no idea what they mean.

Let's try to get a bit into the used abreviations:
1. Thew factions
Illuminati = lumies or smurfs
Dragons = drags or frogs [edit by Chrisax: or sometimes "lizards"]
Templars = temps

2. Facilities:
There are 4 facilties:
East-Facility = EF or E or East
West-Facility = WF or W or West
South-Facility = SF or S or South
Centre-Facility = CF or C

3. Wells (that are the spawn-points)
Take a look at the map, their names have numbers:
West-well(s) = ww(number)
East-well(s) = ew(number)
North-well(s) = nw(number
Centre-well(s) = cw(number)

For example: ew1, ww3, cw2 etc

No worries: You will get used to that abreviations fast; use them too - that saves time. Time to write and time to read
Crash
Big Leet

Re: FUSANG - some basics

Post by Crash »

Great posts, Igs!

I'll also add that it's important to have at least one support well, preferably two, when attacking a Facility. Support wells are the 2 nearest to a Fac, so ew3, & ww3 are the closest rez points for SF and are therefore a huge asset. Most players check the map often. If you see both support wells turn blue around a Fac we hold, there's a decent chance it's being targeted by filthy Smurfs. It may be a ruse, but we still need to get eyes on it to check status.

An exception to needing support wells is if you have a good enough squad to take a Fac quickly.
Sometimes it's possible to just ninja a Fac with no support well capture. (especially Center) This is mostly done when the enemy pop is light & they are distracted somewhere else.

Capping wells - After capping a well, use the vortex to check for enemy squatters up top, lest they just snag it right back.

Random side note on enemy custodians: It's possible to "shut down" an enemy custodian (the rovers) by closing the gate on them after they eliminate a turret. This is not only sound strategy, but downright fun to do.

Lastly, our roving custodian is named Susan. Giving her flowers would be a nice gesture, but she prefers chocolate covered Smurfs.

edit: Forgot to mention: Once we eliminate a turret & go in for the custodian, please leave a good team of defenders at the gate. Most of the bad words I say in Fusang is in reaction to a failure to do so. (enemys can re-raise the gate & block our reinforcements)

Gotta jam. More later. Thanks again for the posts, Igs.
Last edited by Crash on Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Nice post Igsorian. :D Good introdution. And nice addition, Crash! :)
Crash
Big Leet

Post by Crash »

two more tidbits:

The option to choose your rez point is back. (thank goodness) You don't have to settle for the default rez point, because that can often put you somewhere in Center, with a long run back to defend a Fac.

Also - Please don't spawn camp. Some may disagree with me on this, but I think it's very poor behavior. I was occasionally guilty of it right after the Lumie/Drag alliance & when being AFK was a big issue, but those days are over. Paladins are better than that. Amirite?

another edit: Remember that your abilities that involve group buffs or heals only apply to your group, not the raid, and not necessarily the players closest to you. (I have to remind myself of that all the time) AoE and proximity abilities are obviously ok, but the ones intended for 5 member pve can be a waste of resources or even worse, make an Elite ability absolutely useless.

I'm sorry for kinda hijacking your threads, Igs. I'm just reacting to how cool it is you posted them. :)
Igsorian
Little Leet

Post by Igsorian »

No worries about "hijacking" :) You do what i hoped: You add your hints too . Great!
Igsorian
Little Leet

Post by Igsorian »

Sometimes attacker-custs are bugged in the following way:
They enter the fac-room - and leave it again to walk out withut attacking.

This morning the following happened - 2x in a row:
Cust + temps took down turret, ran into fac and attacked defending cust at once. Why? "We have a healer, we dontr need outr cust!"
When our cust entered then entered the fac-room he attacked the defending-cust - and could not get agro from him. Maybe he thought "Ok, if you dont want to fight, kiss my ***" or only his AI was retarded - no idea. But he left.
With the consequence that we didnt have his healaura and got wiped by defenders both times.

So I think:
One way to prevent this is: Wait that our cust gets into fac-room abd got agro - then attack. Has for sure the advantage - if our cust leaves or not - you can fight the defending cust while staying in heal-aura.