GK tanking

Elrojo
BacoTroll

GK tanking

Post by Elrojo »

I don't see a guide or build here for the GK as a tank. So below are some tricks and tips.

My build was chaos/blade. I chose this for the impairs/interrupts and the defence/weakness effects.

I went with escalation with the passive to add hate and weaken. Had CtP for the aoe. Loaded art of war and chaotic pull for the impairs/hate/glances. Then turn the tables for a heal and then defensive actives. You can chose the, tbh.

The basics of the encounter are as follows.
1) you have a little friend who DPS's the boss. In phase 1 you just need to keep aggro on the boss.
2) 2nd phase you have some adds spawn that you need to entertain (read aggro) while your little friend DPS's the gatekeeper.

I went with all HP talis since the hate you can make from your Passives is enough to keep aggro and you don't need additional DPS really.

Phase 1

Basically aggro the gatekeeper. The little guy will move around randomly so you need to keep the GK facing away from him. The keeper will do a frontal column attack. You really need to move behind the keeper rather than to the side of the attack. It seems its not "bugged", rather his attack is wide than depicted in the animation. So be safe and move behind the GK. then just move back quickly. So he stays facing away from your buddy.

Impair the long cast attacks, what ever they are called they are a 1-shot kill.

Phase 2

Keep aggro, but adds will come. Use AoW to agg them and keep moving the boss. In the last phase there will be lots of adds spawn so pop any defensive actives you have, barriers if needed and AoW to get some glances.

This phase is short. So just pop what you have.

Really this was quite easy to do. Done in full blues without any real optimization of glyphs.
Chrisax
President

Re: GK tanking

Post by Chrisax »

The attack you need to impair absolutely is the one he does, only a few times, when his fists are on fire. When you see his hands on fire, impair. It's a lethal attack, no matter how much life or defense abilities you have.