Re: Issue 1.7 release - FULL notes and video

Post by Chrisax »

Video

infuriates
Mini Leet

Post by infuriates »

Missions

The Savage Coast: Theme Park Tycoon - Zombies will now take damage from the Octotron.
That explains a lot. One of these days I'll finish SC :P
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

so even as a GM pack i have to buy the issue?? wtf
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Elrojo wrote:so even as a GM pack i have to buy the issue?? wtf
Correct, but, as a Grand Master, you get 1200 points per month, and, as a GM again, an issue is 960 points for you, and there is an issue every 3 months or so, which means you have more than enough free points to buy each issue and still have remaining points for other stuff.

This, of course, if you don't spend too many points on leather bras, high heels, and curious outfits...

So, an issue is not really "free" for a GM... but it somehow is... :shrug:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

yes well the points get added on at the date you made GM (afaik). So the packs may be before these points kick in.

I learned you can switch auto DLC purchase so you dont have an issue.
infuriates
Mini Leet

Post by infuriates »

Elrojo wrote:I learned you can switch auto DLC purchase so you dont have an issue.
But isn't not having an Issue, the issue? :P
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

chris get him for me :twisted:
Acreff
Baby Leet

Post by Acreff »

Elrojo wrote:chris get him for me :twisted:
His name should have been a warning :mrgreen:
Aesop
Growing Leet

Post by Aesop »

Speaking as someone who does spend their points on leather bras, high heels, and curious outfits...

I was still able to buy the dlc portion of issue 7 on the day it was released. On the other hand, I agree that it is bs that we paid for lifetime sub that turned into an allowance that we can use to buy new content.

My concern will be when they turn future issues into dlc that we can't buy with fc points (i.e., Tokyo becomes an expansion pack). At the moment, I remain hopeful that this won't be the case; but realistically, I expect they will have to do something to generate an expectation of income to justify a new playfield or more elaborate content.

-Aesop
a.k.a., DreamsDotter, DreamTheif
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Aesop wrote:Speaking as someone who does spend their points on leather bras, high heels, and curious outfits...
Ugh, I didn't think of you at all when I posted that line, Aesop, and I actually just tried to write something funnier than just "social items"; it was also not criticism -everyone can have fun with looks and social stuff- as I simply wanted to point out that the system offers a lot of temptations to spend points in, so players finally have to spend real money instead of using free points. (A situation Aesop manages perfectly as he could always use points to buy issues.)
I hope you didn't take any offense because I can assure you non was intended.
:sorry:

Ok uh... I'll buy some corny hat and I'll wear it in our next team, so you can pardon me. :twisted:

Aesop wrote:My concern will be when they turn future issues into dlc that we can't buy with fc points (i.e., Tokyo becomes an expansion pack). At the moment, I remain hopeful that this won't be the case; but realistically, I expect they will have to do something to generate an expectation of income to justify a new playfield or more elaborate content.
Nothing was mentioned yet, to my knowledge. It sounds logical though, at some point, that they will need to "force" the use of real money from time to time, from everyone. But maybe they won't need it... time will tell. I assume that we could maybe have something like: issues that can be paid with points, and bigger things, like expansions, buy-able only with real money (an option likely to be unpopular) or buy-able with points but so many points that almost everyone will have to add some money (the risk being people just wait until they get the points)... Who knows.

One thing though, is that TSW's F2P scheme is very generous compared to other F2P plans in other games... compare with SWTOR's :(
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Im sure DD didnt take offense and the main reason he doesnt spend money on clothing is cos he doesnt wear any. Tart!!

In any case I just was annoyed that the concept is "we lend for you to buy" is ether a brilliant system (ie. hopefully they will overspend and then spend some more) or a really serious lack of sight (ie. I didnt cater for those who may not understand the conecpt of bonus points = issues).

I hronestly dont mind if every now and then i need to pay for a major update. I more objected to not realising that i needed to buy the smaller issues.

Not like i can just quit if they made me pay for tokyo for example. But i'd think about wheter i needed it to be bought in order to enjoy the game.

the DLC concept is fine. But explain it better^