Application - Novaburst

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Novaburst
Baby Leet

Application - Novaburst

Post by Novaburst »

I am a returning player, I have been out of the game since 2008. I played from 2001 till 2008 and on Rimor as Barbs, the first fixer to 200 and one of the first to have GA III. That character is lost but I am playing some of my new ones and Novaburst is my "Crat" that I'm leveling back up to cap.

I was a founding member and officer in Desert Alliance as well as a member of Art of War. I am just looking for an org to have fun with. I'm not looking for drama and I don't talk much in guild chat. I honestly just run around most of the time puttering. I'm like a 90yo man in this game. I do like helping people as much as possible when I can. As for my goals, I never really felt the urge to level any more characters to 220 after Barbs but I guess I will this one.

I also play The Secret World as well I didn't know till browsing your forums that you guys have a Org there to. I have one character an Illumi over there.
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Novaburst

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Novaburst:) welcome on our forums. It's really nice to see such a veteran come back.

The name of Barbs rings a bell for me, I guess. I was also around at that time.

We have many returning players joining us and we are happy to welcome them and help them enjoying AO again.

It's great you don't like drama because it's also what AP wants. You don't have to talk much if you don't like too but just don't stay isolated too much, we like to help and we offer various opportunities to team or raid. For example, for mid-levels and froobs today we did Inner sanctum runs, and tomorrow we'll do a dull pandemonium run for higher levels.

Your application is very complete, except you didn't tell us whne you play and whne we can catch you online. :) What is your timezone; when are you on?

Now, please read our Code of Conduct and also org Chat recommendations Then, next two steps are in-game and fast:

Join our guest channel in the game, to do that, you can contact any AP member or officer, and tell him/her you posted and application and ask for a guest channel invite. You'll find usually AP's at the Vanguards big building ramp near Old Athen grid. Rr try /tell bobsan !join (our org bot)

Once in the bot, just say you posted an application and joined our guest channel. People may be in raids and not see you immediately, but you're welcome on our guest chat.

If you can't find an AP for a bot/chat invite, please try to send me a tell.

You will have online, as soon as possible, a small interview with an officer or me.
(Once you're in bot, you can look around for an officer and request an interview; please understand that officers may be busy and not able to meet you immediately.)

See you soon in game! :D
Novaburst
Baby Leet

Post by Novaburst »

Thanks for the reply!

For the next couple of weeks I work graveyard (0000 to 0800 hours) so I'm on usually at nights on PST. I live near Seattle, WA, in the USA. That will change in a couple weeks, I work whacky schedules, one month graveyards the next mornings. For next week or so 1700 to 2200 hours are the best for me, after that I will have to find out what my new schedule is.

I tried to use the bot but I didn't see anything in chat, maybe people just weren't talking though. I will try again when I get on next.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

OK Novaburst. :)

If you are online around 9PM PST then this means 4 (AM) GMT. It's of course not the most populated time in AO, or in AP. But we'll eventually catch you :)
Novaburst
Baby Leet

Post by Novaburst »

I'm on till 0700 PST for the next few days. Let me know if anyone can talk to me about the interview. Thanks
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

7AM PST (hope you mean AM) is 14GMT (PM)

I'll try to be there :) Afternoon for me
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Ugh I posted the above around5:30AM for me and something then opped up IRL preventing me from being able to log on this afternoon in AO. I'll be there tomorrow though, sorry for this.
Novaburst
Baby Leet

Post by Novaburst »

No worries.
mobstar
Strong Leet

Post by mobstar »

We both root ourselves in missions whilst doing missions. :D