Application - Kebabbsan

You are new to Athen Paladins or AO; you want to JOIN AP; you are unsure of what to do; you don't know what to read first, or where to post in; you have just too many questions; you are a bit lost… Find explanations and advice in this forum, and post here; we'll help! Note: due to the increase of commercial or illegal spam, we will ask you to register before you post here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Application - Kebabbsan

Post by Kebabbsan »

Hi there, as i have recently returned to AO after a 8 year break i found that me and 2 of my friends are the only active players left in our org and therefor ive been looking for a bigger and active org.

I recall your org since back when i used to play AO and i allso got the sugestion that your org was probably one of the best ones around.

So here i am and i would like to join your org.

Im a somewhat or atleast most of the time verry helpfull person and i spent most of those 8 years away running raids or orgs in other MMOs.

At the moment i have no lvl 220 just yet, i left with 4-5 chars around 201-206 and currently i try and get my Doc Spanjacken and my Agent Panatta to 220.

Among all my alts are:

Spanjacken 202 doc
Panatta 204 agent
Myglarn 203 trader
Steepolly 213 sold
Kebabbsan 170ish fixer
Pollygrip 202 engi

As im currently on sick leave for a longer time i play quite alot and even if im in CET time i often play late nights wich works well even with the people across that big atlantic ocean.

Ohh yea me myself, im lets say 40+ old, thats close enough to be honest ;)

Edit:
Forgot to mention im from sweden.

Ahh yes im not among the category of players that are only looking for orgs for phat loot, allthough i dont mind geting abit of shineys now and then, my main reason behind joining a bigger more active org is to find others to run around with, raid with, maybe farm abit and to have acces to people with the knowledge i lack, aswell as being able to do the same if needed.
In short, im a people person not a solo leecher, i hope thats what people think about me aswell :)
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Re: Application

Post by Backstabbah »

Great application! And good luck :) Don't worry about your age, I think Spand is well into his 50s :)
Rocts - MA // Backstabbah - Shade // Deadwreck - Enf
Tower War and PvP Perfectionist
Come Check Out My Live Stream @Twitch.TV!
Chrisax
President

Re: Application - Kebabbsan

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks for this complete and nice application, Kebabbsan, and welcome on our forums. :)

So one more old player coming back! That's really good to see. And good timing as the closed Beta for the new engine started.

So, welcome back and we rae happy to see you considered AP a new home for you, as many returning players.

Let's jus proceed to your application; it's simple: 1-2-3.

1) First please read our Code of Conduct and also org Chat recommendations and tell us if you agree with it 2) Then, join our guest channel in the game; the bot is Bobsan: you can contact any AP member or officer, and tell him/her you posted and application and ask for a guest channel invite. You'll find usually AP's at the Vanguards big building ramp near Old Athen grid.

If you can't find an AP for a bot/chat invite, please try to send me (Chrisax) a tell. Or ask some officer (only a few names here)
Chrisax / Mekanos
Eltankjoo / Elsneaky / Elhealj00 <- those "00" are zeros / Elspeedy / Hermesconrad
Grind42 / Bobdc
Jetson/politico/front242
Nanomace / Macer36
Tommypinetti / tommysoldja
Maycrat / Mayhemdealer / Havendoc

3) And, finally, you will have a small interview with an officer or myself so we can know you better and you have the opportunity to ask any question you want.

Feel free to leave me (or any officer) a buffered tell in-game.

See you in the game soon!

Oh and don't worry about your age: we have members from 10ish to 70ish years old.

(And before Elrojo posts anything: no it's not me who is 70 yo!)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Welcom Kebabbsan,

Like the name.

I will try to catch you online. Also I am currently playing Buete and Elrojo (so ya i have alt-itis too).

Good luck with your app.

You mentioned 2 friends also, would they consider a move too? We certainly welcome multi-recruits.

Also Chris, I know you aren't 70, clearly you invented time. By the way why didnt you make it a 27 hour day with 3 hours of AO time? Clearly an over-sight
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

I dont see anything in your rules of conduct or chat rules that i object to, seems very reasonable.

@ Elrojo thx, and yes if all goes well i think all 3 of us would like to join. 2 of us are old timers that just returned after 8 years or so and the third is a total newcomer we have played together with in other MMOs and meet in RL once or twice a year and drink lots of beer and eat incredibly good food together with ;).

Ohh and the other oldtimer is actualy just slightly older then me and allso someone ive known for most of my life ;)

Ohh and lastly, ill probably be online on Spanjacken, i just usualy use kebabbsan as use since shes my oldest char i believe.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Great to hear we may be getting 3 more additions to our tight family :)
Last edited by Backstabbah on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakebite
Mini Leet

Post by Snakebite »

For what it's worth here.
I forwarded Kebabbsan here, bumped into him whilst doing an outdoor AI daily on his doc, talked to him for a few hours and helped him get 'a' +10 ring (he needs the correct one sometime) and saved in inf on his Doc.
As a returning player with a few years offline, he's gonna need help becoming competative again, but I had a look at his Doc and he's not TOO far behind so shouldn't be hard.

Seemed like a nice guy, I'd vouch...
AOUniverse Moderator Extrodinare
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thanks for the referral snakebite!

Yes, nice application kebab

I think you'll hear it a fair bit in the next little while, but your best bet for gaining "play" power, or the ability to acquire instance access and gain more team is by using your doc or soldier.

Doc/ sold /enf /crat is the power team, and any of those three profs will earn you significantly more access to anything you need/want on your other toons much, much faster than they could acquire based on public perception of utility.

In AP, your toons (whichever you want to bring) will be welcome in any "org" raid, but as you can probably imagine, docs, crats tanks are usually slots that must be filled before whatever content is attempted. playing one of those integral profs ensures that you have speedy access and are a contributing player not a passive player.

In general, if you play a passive char for your first 220 - your road to endgame will take 1+ years. If you play a contributor prof, your road to endgame might take 2-3 months.

There's loads of politics about this which I won't get into, but lets just say for now, since you have access to a 213 soldier and a doctor, that these are significantly better choices for continuing to 220 than, for example, trader.

Anyway, we'll see you in game,

Noobas/Jetson
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Have to agree with Noobas, I stopped playing my MA (Rocts) back in 2005 once I realized this same concept, However, I didnt realize the main 3-4 professions at the time and Ive spent the rest of my years in AO leveling up a fixer, shade, advy, and now, finally a crat. And Ill be damned it took me 4 months to get from 1-217 AI25, and is currently fully equipped except for making my alphas (I have betas), and swapping my 300 CS armor for 300 CSS... really crazy how fast the main professions for teams can get their gear. and to narrow the search even more. I am going to say crats/doctors are actually in higher demand than sold/enfs as you have to have a doc/crat for EVERYTHING these days.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Doc can easily be avoided for most simple raids. Zod/TNH, db2, mitaar. Crat is only 1x needed prof.
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

I figured as much regarding classes, however i feel my sold is so much way of track that she will have to be sidelined and my Doc will be the main char i focus on for group/raid content, i will play my Agent abit on the side when i got nothing better to do or something like that.
As i have allready brought in my crat aswell she might definetly get some game time but atm she needs alill help on a few major quests and apf wich will probably have to wait untill i get to know you guys abit more and you me so we can figure something together :)

So, i will definetly be there on my Doc please ask if you need one and just have alitle patience i havent played heim much in a while and i i still need to even try several raids or apfs so i need pointers on what to do where and so on.

So far my apf raiding experience consists of a couple apf 13, 35, 28 some trash runs in sector 10 and 7. Ive done 1 iPande, and none of those yet on my Doc.

My first goal char wise is geting my pistol research done and then get some imps and gear to equip the Doc right hand i have and hopefully get a left one.
When i came back he was to high lvl for S7 and all he had weapon wise was a MAW, left me in a bit of an upwards struggle, but im closing in :)

Edit:
If my 2 friends join they will most likely bring a sold and a crat so it seems my best bet is to stay on my doc.
Backstabbah
Maxi Leet

Post by Backstabbah »

Those 3 professions can almost do all higher level raids just as 3. It's the same setup myself and my 2 real life friends, Tweekzu3, and Eximo, also use.

If yall have any profession specific questions, or raid content questions, feel free to ask anytime.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

as "embarrassed" as you may be, I would suggest posting your current set up from www.auno.org to the wish list section here.

Include any issues like lacking nanos or trouble with perk placement.

Having low gear is one thing, totally fixable. Having low gear, but not accepting help is another and totally not fixable.

Great thing about doc is most of the armour is cheap. You can be effective in raids etc just from having a Kyr pistol + 1 doc hand. Slap on the DB armour and some Jathos from biodomes and you are set.

Also another happy benefit of a soli doc is its rediculously easy to slot the Xan betas on. You could probably have the full Beta set with the Ability HUD, DB armour, Ado brain and some lyas sangi shoulders. (trust me i put in alphas without lyas, no boc, no yellow belt and only 1 DB sleeve and no Str/Stam DB chest). If i can do that then you shouldnt be in too bad shape.
Snakebite
Mini Leet

Post by Snakebite »

Kebabbsan wrote:My first goal char wise is geting my pistol research done and then get some imps and gear to equip the Doc right hand i have and hopefully get a left one.
When i came back he was to high lvl for S7 and all he had weapon wise was a MAW, left me in a bit of an upwards struggle, but im closing in :)
Doolittle wore a med suit till about lvl160! (when I was forced into something better lol).
She was also pure heal (no weapons) till about lvl140ish, basically, if everyone comes out alive, noone gives a crap what damage you're doing!!!
So your first consideration is your heals and heal perks and the ability to use them properly, the rest comes with time.
After that start, she can now solo a whole load of content that, out of all the chars I have, only my Soldier has a chance at. Even with endgame weapons and gear, soloing for Docs is slow, very, VERY slow... But since so many people want Docs for endgame content, why solo? :mrgreen:
AOUniverse Moderator Extrodinare
Kebabbsan
Growing Leet

Post by Kebabbsan »

Seems to me that at my lvl, im umm, 205 now, people expect me to bring abit more then just heals and UBT especially in inf missions where people sometimes dont want healers realy just want dmg, then when i cant find any teams i actualy need to be able to solo some things and that is atm painfully slow, hence the focus on weapons atm :)