On Consuming Resources..

Ausfahrt
Mini Leet

On Consuming Resources..

Post by Ausfahrt »

I was reading a thread in the AP forums the other day about resource consumers and a few people said that basically if there isn't an exact amount of resources an ability consumes, that you want to spam it with minimal resources to get the maximum use out of it. I've also seen questions like this come up in game. Just to clarify for everyone in AP:

Any ability that consumes "all resources" is variable based on the amount of resources consumed. For example: The pistol skill shootout does 310 damage (for me) per hit every .5 seconds for 2.5 seconds. So if I consume 1 resource and use it, thats what it will do. If I were to consume 5 resources using it, It will hit more around 430 per hit, and of course anywhere in between based on resources consumed. With the dps of most my other skills, it isn't worth putting in my rotation without doing maximum damage or it will lower my overall dps.

So I guess it depends on your build like most things, but it's definately something to consider when figuring out your rotations. If I were to spam that skill everytime a resource popped up, I would being doing lower damage than my other skills available. It's only a benefit when maxed out, as it takes the same amount of time to "cast" no matter how much the damage is.
Chrisax
President

Re: On Consuming Resources..

Post by Chrisax »

Yup! I agree. That was my point: sometimes it's worth stacking resources to get a big "consumer" effect, and sometimes it's better to do quick rotations, especially if each rotation triggers an interesting passive.

Personally I'm still trying to figure out the best solutions, and this varies a lot depending on the mobs too.
Malosar
Maxi Leet

Re: On Consuming Resources..

Post by Malosar »

Yeah definitely noticed this on my Surgical Steel, heals for noticeably more when consuming 5 resources.